[Nameplate] Overcast ~ 50°F  
High: 56°F ~ Low: 45°F
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Up on the Roof

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

(Photo)
An observant neighbor spotting smoke Tuesday night may have helped prevent a full-blown house fire at 319 Gillespie St. on Greencastle's northwest side. Greencastle Fire Department firefighters responded at 8:44 p.m., finding smoke coming from the attic of the small frame home. Firefighters entered the attic to remove blown-in insulation (via the blue tarp) in order to access smoldering areas. Fire officials were on the scene past 10 p.m., assessing the situation, which provided more smoke than fire. No damage estimate was available. [Order this photo]



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: