Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Tuesday, July 17.
* At 3:05 p.m. Jeffrey Adam Miller, 45, Indianapolis, was arrested for contempt of court.
* At 4:25 p.m. Wesley Allen Baker, 30, Roachdale, was lodged at the jail for motor vehicle theft and criminal mischief.
* At 5:51 p.m. Teddy Kennedy, 21, Cloverdale, was charged with failure to appear.
* At 7 p.m. Daniel Chris Shaw, 22, Brownsburg, was booked in for probation violation and possession of a device to interfere with a drug screen.
* At 10:56 p.m. Nicholas Leon Bennett, 21, Greencastle, was arrested for two counts of probation violation.
A 48-year-old Cloverdale woman was arrested Tuesday evening in a shoplifting incident at the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
Tonya McKamey was arrested at 5:54 p.m. by Officer Daryl Bunten and lodged in the Putnam County Jail on a theft charge.
McKamey allegedly took $36.79 in miscellaneous items, attempting to conceal them in her purse and under it in a shopping cart.
Officer Bunten reported that McKamey attempted to take sunglasses, a sunglasses case, pocket planners, deli items and a bag of ice before she was detained.
One additional arrest was reported by GPD.
-- At 12:10 a.m. Sunday, Brian Douglas Cox Jr., 29, Greencastle, was arrested at his East Hanna Street residence on a Montgomery County warrant for failure to appear in court. Cox was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
A two-vehicle accident was reported Tuesday afternoon on the east side of the courthouse square.
Officer Ed Wilson reported that Larry Sample, 64, Terre Haute, was attempting to back his 2005 Chevrolet Silverado from a parking space on Indiana Street when he backed into a stopped 2007 Chevrolet HHR, driven by Christina Modlin, 41, Roachdale.
Modlin had stopped to allow another vehicle to back out. Sample failed to see she had stopped behind his truck, police said.
Total damage was listed at $2,500-$5,000.
One recent traffic citation was issued by city officers.
-- At 10:16 p.m. Saturday, Stephen Lewis, 41, Alamo, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham for 51 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Monday, July 9 at 10:25 a.m. GFD was dispatched to a medical assist at 750 S. Fillmore Rd. Cleared 10:41 a.m.
At 10:37 a.m. crews responded to an alarm at 626 E. Seminary St. Cleared 10:49 a.m.
* On Tuesday, July 10 at 9:23 a.m. firefighters were dispatched to an alarm at 446 Anderson St. but were disregarded at 9:25 a.m.
At 8:43 p.m. GFD responded to a structure fire at 319 N. Gillespie St. Cleared 10:15 p.m.
* On Wednesday, July 11 at 11:02 p.m. firefighters investigated a gas odor at 1105 N. Jackson St. Cleared 11:17 p.m.
* On Thursday, July 12 at 11:03 a.m. crews responded to an alarm at 626 E. Seminary St. Cleared 11:28 a.m.
At 1:52 p.m. crews performed a lift assist at 805 Crescent Dr. Cleared 2:19 p.m.
At 4:54 p.m. personnel investigated an alarm at 1020 Avenue F. Cleared 5:38 p.m.
At 5:02 p.m. GFD responded to a vehicle fire at 212 W. Franklin St. Cleared 5:23 p.m.
At 6:37 p.m. crews assisted Operation Life at 750 S. Fillmore Rd. Cleared 6:55 p.m.
* On Friday, July 13 at 8:24 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist at Gardenside and Wood streets. Cleared 8:39 p.m.
* On Sunday, July 15 at 9:26 a.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 750 S. Fillmore Rd. Cleared 9:41 p.m.
* On Monday, July 16 at 12:47 p.m. crews performed a medical assist at 103 E. Poplar St. Cleared 1:09 p.m.
At 5:58 p.m. firefighters responded to a vehicle fire at Veterans Highway and Zinc Mill Road. Cleared 6:18 p.m.
* On Tuesday, July 17 at 5:03 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist at 750 S. Fillmore Rd. Cleared 5:29 p.m.
* On Wednesday, July 18 at 9:39 a.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 507 S. Locust St. but was disregarded at 9:40 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.