Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Wednesday, Aug 1 at 5:50 p.m. Kenneth Richard Baird, 48, no city listed, was arrested for failure to appear in court.
At 9 p.m. Steven Matthew Carman, 24, Fillmore, was lodged at the Putnam County Jail for two counts of possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia.
* On Thursday, Aug 2 at 4 a.m. Amanda Nichole Neier, 26, Quincy, was booked in for operating while intoxicated, possession of paraphernalia and possession of a switchblade.
At 4:40 a.m. Rebecca Godsey, 53, Greencastle, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
Two recent traffic citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, Joshua Lady, 18, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Eric Vaughan for 51 mph in a 30-mph zone on Indianapolis Road.
-- At 10:45 p.m. July 24, Archie Smith, 29, Terre Haute, was cited by Officer Nick Eastham for 51 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street, south of Veterans Highway.
* On Sunday, July 29 at 2:30 a.m. John M. Cox, 20, Troy, Mich., was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 1996 Geo Tracker when he fell asleep at the wheel.
The vehicle left the north side of the road, hit a concrete barrier and came to rest on U.S. 36.
Cox refused medical treatment.
The accident caused $1,000-$2,500 in damages, including major damage to the front end of the vehicle.
* At 3:48 p.m. Akashideep Singh, 25, Fresno, Calif., was eastbound in the passing lane of Interstate 70 in a 2008 Freightliner semi tractor-trailer.
Singh attempted to change lanes and did not see the 2006 Toyota Solora driven by June D. Feick, 76, Bradenton, Fla., in the right lane.
Sing's semi hit Feick's car behind the driver's side door. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* On Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 5:55 a.m. Edwin Wright, 54, Pendleton, was westbound on State Road 236 in a 2001 Dodge Intrepid when he hit a deer.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.