Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Monday, Aug. 6 at 5:43 p.m. Kevin Scot Young, 30, Brazil, was arrested for driving with a suspended license.
At 6:45 p.m. Sean Patrick McClamroch, 33, Bainbridge, was lodged at the jail for two counts of probation violation.
* On Tuesday, Aug. 7 at 9:20 p.m. Michael Lee Boller, 23, Coatesville, was charged with criminal mischief and intimidation.
* On Wednesday, Aug. 8 at 4:45 a.m. Ryan Bedford O'Neal, 23, Coatesville, was booked in for possession of more than 30 grams of marijuana, possession of marijuana with a prior conviction, possession of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school and possession of paraphernalia.
Two traffic citations were issued recently by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 8 p.m. Tuesday, Ralph Lockwood Jr., 51, Cloverdale, was cited by Officer Nick Eastham on South Jackson Street for an expired license plate.
-- At 7:12 p.m. Tuesday, Matthew Bedzrak, 26, Terre Haute, was ticketed by Officer Eastham for 60 mph in a 40-mph zone on State Road 240, east of 10th Street.
* On Saturday, Aug. 4 at 3 p.m. Jackie Payne, 51, Roachdale, was southbound on her property on County Road 975 North in a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe when she sideswiped a tree.
* At 7:11 p.m. Renee L. Sabla, 44, Plainfield, was eastbound on U.S. 40 near State Road 75 in a 2008 Dodge Nitro.
A witness who was traveling westbound said he saw the SUV veer off the south side of the road, striking an embankment. The vehicle then went airborne, landing on the passenger side.
Sabla was trapped in the vehicle. When she was freed from the vehicle, she was treated for neck pain.
Investigation revealed that Sabla was holding a small dog at the time of the accident. She said she may have been distracted by the animal.
* On Monday, Aug. 6 at 7:10 a.m. Joshua Hill, 20, Greencastle, was eastbound on State Road 240 just west of County Road 825 East on a 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6 motorcycle.
Hill said he passed another vehicle that was traveling in the same direction. He said he hit an unknown object in the road, causing him to lose control.
The motorcycle left the south side of the road, hitting a phone cable box, which ejected Hill from the motorcycle. He suffered back abrasions but did not require immediate attention.
The bike continued east, re-entering the road. It came to rest in the eastbound lane approximately 200 feet from the initial impact with the phone box.
* On Tuesday, Aug. 7 at 7:55 a.m. Waynomi L. McBride, 21, Martinsville, was northeast bound on State Road 42 in a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue.
A deer ran into the road and McBride swerved left to avoid it. The car crossed the southwest bound lanes and left the road.
The car dropped off the asphalt and the vehicle slid across the ditch into brush and trees. It spun around and came to a stop facing northwest.
The Greencastle Fire Department has been dispatched several times recently.
* On Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 10:45 a.m. workers were sent to 109 Vine St. to investigate a possible malfunctioning stove. They returned to station at 10:57 a.m.
* On Thursday, Aug. 2 at 9:04 a.m. they were dispatched to 1159 Avenue C to assist with loading a patient after a motor vehicle accident, returning to station at 9:25a.m.
At 11:05 a.m. they responded to a call for a patient who had fallen at Operation Life, located at 534 N. Arlington St., returning to station at 12:03 p.m.
* On Friday, Aug. 3 fire workers were sent to 1152 Indianapolis at 11:57 a.m., where they provided emergency assistance after a motor vehicle accident. They returned at 12:18 p.m.
At 5:45 p.m. members of the department provided medical assistance at 1150 Fillmore Rd., returning to station at 6:13 p.m.
* On Saturday, Aug. 4 at 11:27 a.m. workers were dispatched to 10 W. Hanna St., where they reset a fire alarm until 11:40 a.m.
At 7:23 p.m. firefighters were sent to 5553 S. CR 775 East, where they assisted Jefferson Fire with a motor vehicle accident. They returned to station at 8:10 p.m.
* On Sunday, Aug. 5 at 10:48 a.m. members of the fire department were sent to the corner of Percy Julian and Avenue B Street to remove a downed television cable line from the road.
From 4:11-5:32 p.m. fire workers helped with a downed power line at 829 Gardenside Drive.
At 9:06 p.m. they assisted with a patient at 1138 Castlebury Drive until 9:29.
* On Monday, Aug. 6 at 1:13 p.m. the fire department was dispatched to 446 Anderson where a fire alarm was going off, but they were disregarded a minute later.
At 8:32 p.m. fire workers investigate a gas odor at 2 W. Seminary St. When none was detected they returned to the station at 8:42 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Aug. 7 at 12:13 a.m. they investigated a fire alarm at 330 Greenwood. When no cause could be discovered they returned to station at 12:41 a.m.
At 9:52 a.m. fire department members were dispatched to CR 775 East and U.S. 40 to assist the Fillmore and Jefferson fire departments with a motor vehicle accident. They returned at 10:39 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.