A number of people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Aug. 10 at 10:40 a.m. Brian Anthony Bartley, 32, Greencastle, was arrested for contempt of court.
At 11:15 a.m. Justin Lee Groler, 20, Crawfordsville, was lodged at the jail for probation violation.
* On Saturday, Aug. 11 at 12:50 a.m. Brian Keith Dixie, 35, Greencastle, was held at the jail for battery and probation violation.
At 12:50 a.m. Amy Dawn Hutcheson, 37, Greencastle, was booked in for probation violation.
At 2 a.m. Ryan Douglas Mann, 30, Cloverdale, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and operating while intoxicated.
At 3 a.m. Ryan Douglas Farris, 23, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:35 a.m. Carl Lee Carrico, 22, Greencastle, was charged with operating while intoxicated and operating having never received a license.
At 3:10 p.m. Fount Thomas Brock, 31, Bainbridge, was held at the jail for theft and criminal mischief.
* On Sunday, Aug. 12 at 1:25 p.m. Kathryn Mary Frame, 49, Cloverdale, was arrested for invasion of privacy.
* On Monday, Aug. 13 at 1:28 a.m. Dustin James Towers, 21, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
At 4:22 p.m. Nicholas Adam Maga, 32, Cloverdale, was charged with probation violation.
At 5:08 p.m. Troy Jason Alm, 34, Danville, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
At 9:51 p.m. Justin Allen Kelly, 26, Rockville, was booked in for theft.
Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Wesley Glenn Noel Coffey, 46, Indianapolis, was arrested by Officer Jeff Modlin for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Coffey was stopped at Percy Julian Drive and Washington Street, where he was ticketed for operating a motorcycle without endorsement and for having no insurance.
Under blood-alcohol testing, Coffey registered .08 percent before being taken to the Putnam County Jail.
In another case, Capt. Charles Inman stopped Nicholas Boswell, 20, Greencastle, at 10:50 p.m. Friday for going the wrong way on Poplar Street at Vine.
Besides being ticketed for that offense, Boswell was arrested and lodged in the Putnam County Jail on a charge of possession of methamphetamine.
* On Thursday, Aug. 9 at 11:10 p.m. Judge Dayne B. Nelson, 20, Coatesville, was southbound on County Road 725 East in a 1995 Nissan 210 Deluxe. The road was slick from rain.
He tried to turn but slid off the left side of the road into a ditch.
After the car was pulled from the ditch by Seniour's, Nelson was able to drive the car home. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* On Friday, Aug. 10 at 7:15 a.m. Andria Collins, 32, Fillmore, was eastbound on County Road 100 North just west of County Road 775 East in a 1997 Oldsmobile Bravada.
Collins said her attention was diverted to inside the vehicle. At that time the SUV left the south side of the roadway and entered the ditch.
It hit a county highway sign, a fence and a fence post, causing an estimated $5,001-$10,000 in damage.
The driver complained of neck pain but required no medical attention.
* At 12:25 p.m. Robert J. Hawkins, 18, Gosport, was eastbound on U.S. 40 just east of Manhattan Road in a 2000 Ford Mustang.
Hawkins said he became distracted by a fire department radio inside his car. The vehicle left the road on the south side and hit three mailboxes.
The car then re-entered the road, rotating in a counterclockwise direction. It crossed both eastbound lanes and stopped in the median facing northwest.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
* On Saturday, Aug. 11 at 7:39 a.m. Matthew A. Rudolph, 20, Greencastle, was eastbound on Cardinal Road in a 1995 GMC Sonoma.
Rudolph reached down to get his cell phone and went left of center, striking a mailbox. He then backed up to retrieve his driver's side mirror from the ditch.
He then continued to the address of 81 Cardinal Rd.
Deputies Josh Boller and Donnie Pettit, investigating the accident, later located Rudolph, at which time he tested .11 percent blood-alcohol content.
Later on the certified test at the Putnam County Jail, Rudolph tested at .09 BAC. He was booked into the jail at 10 a.m. for operating while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident and for being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
Damage estimated at less than $1,000.
* On Sunday, Aug. 12 at 10:01 p.m. Sierra N. Hastings, 17, Indianapolis, was southbound on Manhattan Road entering the sharp turn just north of Hassler's Trucking in a 1999 Saturn SC. She lost control of the car in a sudden downpour of rain.
Hastings crossed the centerline and collided head on with Teresa A. Bailey, 50, Reelsville, who was northbound in a 2007 Toyota Corolla. Bailey said she saw the other car cross the centerline but there was nothing she could don but brace for impact.
The Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted with traffic needs a patient care until the arrival of Operation Life.
Hastings was taken to Putnam County Hospital with hip and upper leg injuries. Bailey was also transported to the hospital with pain throughout her body.
The Greencastle Fire Department went on several runs recently.
* On Thursday, Aug. 9 at 2:31 p.m. a crew was sent to 330 Greenwood Ave. for a malfunctioning fire alarm. They returned to station at 2:47
* On Friday, Aug. 10 at 11:54 a.m. firefighters were sent to 2164 W. County Road 25 N. for an unauthorized burn. They were in station at 12:21 p.m.
At 12:48 p.m. crews responded to an alarm at 105 W. Hanna St. They returned at 12:54 p.m.
At 4:07 p.m. they were dispatched to 750 Fillmore Rd. for a medical assist. After returning at 4:24 p.m., they left for another medical assist, this time at 202 S. Indiana St. at 8:18 p.m. They finished at 8:28 p.m.
* On Saturday, Aug. 11 at 8:55 a.m., a crew was sent to 1 Taylor Place for an active alarm. They returned at 9:11 a.m.
At 11:11 a.m. members of the department were dispatched to the skate park on Bloomington for a medical assist, returning to station at 11:34 a.m.
At 1:02 p.m. crews were sent to 1333 W. County Road 125 S. for a brush and grass fire. They were in station at 1:30 p.m.
* On Sunday, Aug. 12 at 5:30 p.m. firefighters went to 1061 S. County Road 175 W. for a brush fire. They returned at 6:00 p.m.
* On Monday, Aug. 13 at 7:43 a.m. department members were dispatched to 106 S. Spring St. for an alarm set off during cooking. They were in station at 7:52 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.