Four people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
* At 1:50 p.m. Charles Ferrand, 45, no city listed, was arrested for contempt of court.
* At 3:20 p.m. Melvin Reece Young, 34, Reelsville, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery.
* At 5 p.m. Brandy L. Turner, 39, Clover-dale, was charged with violation of home detention.
* At 9:35 p.m. Melvin Ray Cole, 49, Aurora, Colo., was booked in as a habitual traffic violator.
* On Sunday, Sept. 2 at 5:01 p.m. Veronica R. Bailey, 20, Danville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 just east of County Road 300 East in a 1998 Chrysler Sebring.
She hit her brakes while going into a downhill corner and went into an uncontrolled slide. The car hit a guardrail, sliding across the lanes of traffic and coming to rest in the ditch on the north side of the road.
* On Tuesday, Sept. 4 at 8:48 p.m. Denis Flory, 49, Gosport, was southbound on County Road 475 East just south of County Road 750 South in a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee when he hit a deer.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.