Three people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Thursday, Sept. 13 at 1:40 p.m. Buddie Thomas Nichols, 33, Indianapolis, was arrested for probation violation.
* On Friday, Sept. 14 at 12:20 a.m. Suzanne Renee Diaz, 38, Indianapolis, was charged with probation violation.
At 6:44 a.m. Richard Hawkins, 52, Bellmead, Texas, was lodged at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent.
Three recent property-damage accidents were investigated by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 10:10 a.m. Friday, a two-car mishap was reported on the wet pavement of State Road 240 East.
Officer Albert Epple advised that Kenneth Haltom, 73, Cloverdale, had stopped his eastbound 2001 Lincoln for a red light when it was struck from behind by a 2008 Toyota Prius, driven by Michael Alderson, 20, Spencer.
Alderson said he braked but his car slid on the rain-slickened pavement.
Total damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
-- At 4:22 p.m. Thursday, a two-vehicle accident occurred at College Avenue and Walnut Street, Officer Darrel Bunten reported.
Emily Burns, 27, Greencastle, was stopped at the stopsign southbound on College when her 2008 Chrysler Sebring was struck by a turning 2010 Buick Enclave driven by Lynn Bohmer, 64, Greencastle. Bohmer had been eastbound and was turning left onto College when the mishap occurred.
Bunten estimated total damage at $2,500-$5,000.
-- At 6:24 p.m. Sept. 7, a two-vehicle accident occurred at Bloomington and Washington streets, Officer Ed Wilson reported.
A 2011 Chevrolet Equinox, driven by Amber Rhine, 24, Cloverdale, was struck by a 2001 Volvo semi, operated by Bart Hayes, 50, Tilton, Ill.
Rhine was in the right turn lane when the semi began to turn from the through lane and a collision occurred.
Total damage was listed at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department went on several runs recently.
* On Monday, Sept. 10 at 7:21 p.m. they were sent to 109 W. Hanna St. for an alarm set off during cooking. They returned to station at 7:29 p.m.
At 10:45 p.m. crews were sent to 1147 Avenue E for an unauthorized burn. They returned at 11:10 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 5:20 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to 807 S. College Ave., and then disregarded upon arrival where a fire drill was occurring. They were in service at 5:25 p.m.
* On Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 12:46 a.m. firefighters went to 333 S. 10th St. for a system check at Walmart Distribution Center. They returned at 1:04 a.m.
At 11:56 a.m. they were dispatched to 22 W. Washington St. to clean a small fuel spill in a driveway. They returned to station at 12:09 p.m.
At 5:11 p.m. fire crews went to 304 S. Indiana St. for an alarm set off during cooking. They were in service at 5:23 p.m.
At 5:56 p.m. crews were called to 506 Crown St. to assist Operation Life. They were back to the station at 6:19 p.m.
At 6:19 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to 497 E. Ridgeland Rd. to investigate smoke coming from an appliance. They unplugged the malfunctioning device and returned at 6:43 p.m.
* On Thursday, Sept. 13 at 5:59 p.m. crews went to 607 W. CR 50 North to assist Operation Life. They returned to station at 6:45 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.