Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Sept. 14 at 6:31 p.m. Christen Nicole Walton, 28, Cloverdale, was arrested for battery with bodily injury, possession of a handgun without a permit and possession of a syringe.
At 8:55 p.m. Mathew J. Speth, 36, Reelsville, was lodged in the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 10:37 p.m. Marc Thomas Yakel, 37, Brazil, was charged with operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and public intoxication.
* On Saturday, Sept. 15 at 5:01 a.m. Mary Parks, 21, Greencastle, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 5:16 p.m. Kasey Elam-Simmons, 26, Crawfordsville, was booked in for probation violation.
At 11:09 p.m. James Vincent Wright, 41, Greencastle, was arrested for battery with bodily injury and probation violation.
* On Monday, Sept. 17 at 4:31 a.m. Samantha Sue Wise, 20, Clayton, was lodged at the jail for probation violation.
At 3:30 p.m. Greg Kavanaugh, 22, Brazil, was charged with theft and probation violation.
* On Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 2:40 a.m. Garry Thomas Woessner, 40, Columbus, was booked in for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and possession of a syringe.
At 2:40 a.m. Jerryd Lyle McCoy, 22, Greencastle, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
* On Friday, Sept. 14 at 5:36 a.m. Thomas Vanatti, 48, Brazil, was pulling into the lot at Dixie Chopper at 6302 E. CR 100 North, north of Fillmore, in a 1999 Dodge Ram, pulling a trailer.
Vanatti said he was looking ahead to another row to see where he was going to park and did not see the parked 2000 Saturn LW wagon register to Ronald Harris. Vanatti ran into the rear of the parked car.
Damage was listed at $2,501-$5,000.
* On Sunday, Sept. 16 at 6:42 p.m. Jessica Orick, 30, Greencastle, was stopped northbound on County Road 300 East at the intersection of County Road 50 North in a 1996 Honda Passport.
Tricia L. Abdon, 38, Coatesville, was westbound on County Road 50 North in a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, preparing to turn south onto County Road 300 East.
As she turned, Abdon crossed left of center, hitting the front left of Orick's car.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Four recent traffic citations were issued by Greencastle City Police.
-- At 4:30 a.m. Monday, Amanda Amaro Santiago, 19, Hammond, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham for 52 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street. Santiago was also cited for a learner's permit violation for failing to be accompanied by a licensed driver.
-- At 10:23 p.m. Friday, Colleen Hutcheson, 43, Plainfield, was cited on North Jackson Street by Capt. Charles Inman for driving with a suspended license.
-- At 6:40 p.m. Friday, Phillip Sosebee, 40, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Matt Huffman at Franklin and Durham streets for having an expired license plate (February 2012).
Fillmore Town Marshal Darrel Bunten issued a pair of citations to a driver at 4:11 p.m. Friday.
Abby Lamson, 19, Kingman, was ticketed on North Main Street for having a false or fictitious registration and an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
The Greencastle Fire Department went on several runs recently.
* On Friday, Sept. 14 at 1:01 p.m. crews were sent to assist Cloverdale at 225 Frost Way with a house fire. They returned at 4:46 p.m.
At 1:31 p.m. they were dispatched to 106 S. Spring St. for an alarm. They returned to the station at 1:38 p.m.
At 8:22 p.m. firefighters went to Heartland Automotive at 300 S. Warren Drive for an investigation. Nothing pertinent was discovered and they were back in service at 8:51 p.m.
* On Saturday, Sept. 15 at 1:43 p.m. crews went back to 106 S. Spring St. for an alarm. They returned in station at 1:52 p.m.
At 7:42 p.m. they went to 1102 Avenue D for a complaint about a residential burn. They returned at 7:50 p.m.
At 8:41 p.m. fire units went to 80 Kingswood Ct. for a medical assist. They were in service at 9:48 p.m.
* On Sunday, Sept. 16 at 8:11 a.m. crews were dispatched to 1038 Castlebury Drive for a lift assist. They returned at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:41 p.m. firefighters went to 107 W. Hanna St. for an alarm, returning at 8:54 p.m.
* On Monday, Sept 17 at 3:45 a.m. and 4:40 a.m., crews went to the Moose Lodge at 212 W. Franklin St. for a malfunctioning alarm. They were in service at 4:20 a.m. and 5 a.m., respectively.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.