Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Sept. 28 at 2:27 p.m. Hope Leanne Rush, 41, Cloverdale, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and probation violation.
* On Saturday, Sept. 29 at 12:10 a.m. Mark Eugene Wilson, 49, Greencastle, was charged as a habitual traffic violator.
* On Sunday, Sept. 30 at 3:10 a.m. Elesia Victoria Marie Stewart, 22, no city listed, was lodged at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 4:35 a.m. Justin Keyt O'Hair, 21, Roachdale, was booked in for public intoxication, disorderly conduct and probation violation.
At 10:50 p.m. Kyle Allan Turner, 22, Indianapolis, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
* On Monday, Oct. 1 at 1:30 p.m. Austin Kirk, 32, no city listed, was charged with nonsupport of a dependent.
At 4:56 p.m. Ricky Joe Parrish, 56, Greencastle, was booked in for battery.
The theft of items from a garage at 326 Greenwood Ave. was reported recently to Greencastle City Police.
Sometime after 6:30 p.m. Sept. 29 and before 10 a.m. Sept. 30, a backpack leaf blower and a Stihl weedeater were reportedly taken from the garage at the Jerod Gruenholz residence.
Officer Matt Huffman listed the stolen items as a total $489 value.
Two property-damage accidents were reported by GPD Tuesday.
-- At 2:25 p.m., a two-vehicle mishap occurred at Percy Julian Drive and Avenue D.
Officer Darrel Bunten reported that Lisa Bishop, 52, Greencastle, was westbound on Avenue D, driving a 2009 Toyota Corolla, while Jacquline Paul, 62, Greencastle, was southbound on Percy Julian Drive, driving a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox.
The vehicles collided in the intersection after reportedly simultaneously pulling away from the stopsign, police said.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
-- At 11:22 a.m., a two-vehicle accident was reported on Indianapolis Road near Kentwood Drive as Michael Rodney, 67, Danville, had stopped his eastbound 2007 Chevrolet Silverado in heavy traffic.
Also eastbound was Joseph Zaborski, 18, Greencastle, who was unable to stop his 2000 Chevrolet Silverado in traffic to avoid a collision with the Rodney vehicle.
Total damage was listed at $2,500-$5,000, Officer Bunten reported.
Four recent traffic citations were issued by city officers.
-- At 10:15 p.m. Sunday, Jackson Mote, 18, Indianapolis, was ticketed by Officer Huffman for disregarding a stopsign at Seminary and Indiana streets.
-- At 5:35 a.m. Sunday, Douglas Sims, 48, Poland, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham for 51 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street.
-- At 12 a.m. Sunday, Mary Lassabe, 39, Gulfport, Miss., was cited on Veterans Memorial Highway by Capt. Charles Inman for driving with a suspended license.
-- At 1:43 a.m. Saturday, Tiffany Tat, 19, Warsaw, was ticketed by Officer Eastham for 50 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street,
The Greencastle Fire Department went on two runs recently.
* On Monday, Oct. 1 at 3:25 p.m. crews were sent to 330 Greenwood Ave. to investigate a fire alarm. They returned at 4:21 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8:50 a.m. firefighters were dispatched to 620 Anderson St. for a medical assist. They were in service at 9:16 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.