Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Oct. 5 at 11:28 p.m. Debra Leen Fisher, 48, Fillmore, was arrested for probation violation.
* On Saturday, Oct. 6 at 1:30 a.m. Roger Patrick Lopez, 42, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for driving under the influence of drugs and operating while intoxicated.
* On Sunday, Oct. 7 at 1:20 a.m. John Ingomar Maynard, 50, Greencastle, was charged with probation violation and resisting law enforcement.
At 2:30 a.m. Sheena Marie Workman, 27, Greencastle, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and public intoxication.
At 5:03 a.m. Chad Everett Redding, 36, Greencastle, was booked in for domestic battery and strangulation.
* On Monday, Oct. 8 at 12 p.m. Erica Kay Thompson, 35, Coate-sville, was charged with two counts of contempt of court and bond revocation.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 1:15 a.m. Donna Carrol Popp, 47, Greencastle, was booked in for battery with bodily injury.
Two recent traffic accidents on Indianapolis Road were investigated by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 6:58 a.m. Saturday, a two-truck collision was reported at Indianapolis Road and Judson Drive.
David Monday, 61, Mooresville, was westbound on Indianapolis Road, driving a 2005 Dodge Ram, when a 1996 Ford F-150 truck, driven by Mark A. Fox, 41, Reelsville, pulled out of Judson Drive into Monday's path, Capt. Mike Hanlon reported.
Fox had reportedly stopped southbound on Judson Drive and turned left onto Indianapolis Road without seeing the Monday vehicle.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
-- At 11:43 a.m. Friday, a two-vehicle mishap was reported at Indianapolis Road and Franklin Street as Audrey May, 86, Greencastle, was westbound, driving a 2008 Pontiac in the right turn lane in front of Kroger.
Also westbound was a 2012 Peterbilt semi tractor-trailer, driven by Jared Inman, 31, Rosedale.
After both vehicles stropped for a red light, they pulled away westbound but the May car reportedly veered into the path of the semi, resulting in an estimated $1,000-$2,500 damage.
Capt. Hanlon and Officer Darrel Bunten noted that May did not see the semi before moving into his lane and colliding with the rig.
One traffic citation was issued Friday by city officers.
-- At 9:57 pm. Oct. 5, Christopher Smith, 18, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Eric Vaughan for 58 mph in a 30-mph zone on North Jackson Street.
* On Thursday, Oct. 4 at 5:15 p.m. Michael L. Combs Jr., 28, Bowling Green, was westbound on State Road 42 in a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Combs said he did not see anything coming when trying to cross U.S. 231. When he pulled out, he was hit by Kenneth M. Patten, 55, Cloverdale, who was northbound in a 1981 International 8V4.
Patten did not have time to react or stop.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* On Thursday, Oct. 5 at 3:55 p.m. Alan W. Bruner, 58, Marshall, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2007 Dodge Caravan. Joseph S. Stillwell, 20, Paoli, was also southbound in a 1997 Ford F150.
Stillwell said that Bruner slowed suddenly for another vehicle stopped in traffic to turn east on Edgelea Drive. Stillwell said his vehicle lost traction and began to skid. He could not avoid the collision.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* On Thursday at 4:10 p.m. a head-on collision occurred on Houck Covered Bridge on County Road 550 South in Washington Township.
Elizabeth E. Rumley, 23, Greencastle, was westbound approaching the bridge in a 2005 Ford Focus. Eric D. Lackey, 38, Reelsville, was westbound on the bridge in a 1997 Dodge Neon.
As Rumley entered the one-lane bridge, she did not see Lackey's vehicle. Both drivers hit their brakes, but due to wet wood from rainy conditions, they were unable to stop, colliding head-on near the west end of the bridge.
Both vehicles suffered disabling damage, which was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
Rumley and Lackey gave conflicting accounts of whether or not his headlights were on. The headlights were destroyed in the accident.
There are no lights in the covered bridge, and the weather was overcast with rain at the time. Visibility is further limited by the incline approach from each end.
* On Saturday, Oct. 6 at 3:34 a.m. Brandon S. Hendricks, 30, Ladoga, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2001 Toyota Camry.
While approaching a hillcrest and curve, Hendricks lost control of the vehicle due to the weather. The car struck a guardrail on the west side of the road and slid into a ditch.
* On Saturday at 7 p.m. Brooke A. Thurston, 17, Greencastle, was eastbound on County Road 250 South just west of Airport Road in a 1998 Chevrolet pickup.
She lost control of the truck on gravel and entered a ditch on the north side. The vehicle stopped when it hit a tree.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.