Two people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 8:30 p.m. Donnie Walker Nicely, 63, Poland, was charged with probation violation.
At 9:24 p.m. Kali Jane Rugenstein, 27, Indianapolis, was arrested on two counts of bond revocation.
On Sunday, Oct. 7 at 1:05 p.m., Terry L Thompson, 56, Poland, was northbound on U.S. 231 at County Road 900 South in a 2006 Chevrolet Express extended van. Pamela A. Turpin, 67, Cloverdale, was also northbound stopped at the intersection in a 2006 Honda CR-V.
Turpin's SUV rear-ended Thompson's van, but the drivers gave conflicting accounts of how the crash occurred.
Thompson said a vehicle passed him in the right turning lane, causing him to believe the light was green. He started into the intersection, but said he looked up and the light was still red.
He stopped about 10 feet into the intersection, at which time Turpin reportedly rear-ended him.
Thompson said the light turned green just as he stopped.
Turpin said Thompson started forward when the light turned green and then stopped for no apparent reason, causing her to collide with his van.
A witness stopped behind in a third vehicle agreed with Turpin's account that the light was green before Thompson started forward.
Turpin's vehicle was towed due to disabling damage.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department went on several runs recently.
* On Sunday, Oct. 7 at 6:08 p.m. crews were sent to 2001 Windemere Drive to assist Operation Life. They returned to station at 6:36 p.m.
* On Monday, Oct. 8 at 2:28 p.m. they were sent to 105 W. Hanna for an alarm. They were in service at 2:47 p.m.
At 9:28 p.m. firefighters went to an alarm at 1 W. Washington. They returned at 9:42 p.m.
At 9:42 p.m. they were dispatched to 208 E. Olive for an alarm. They returned at 9:57 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 8:33 a.m. crews went to the corner of Washington and Wood for a fluid cleanup following an automobile accident. They were in service at 9:03 a.m.
* On Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 9:19 a.m. they were dispatched to 109 W. Hanna for an alarm, but canceled en route at 9:25 a.m.
At 11:31 a.m. firefighters went to 1954 S. CR 650 West to assist Reelsville with a structure fire. They were in station at 1:29 p.m.
At 3:23 p.m. crews went to 1042 Avenue E to assist Operation Life. They were in service at 3:42 p.m.
At 6:53 p.m. they were dispatched to 304 S. Indiana for an alarm that was set off during cooking. Crews were in service at 6:59 p.m.
* On Thursday, Oct. 11 at 12:09 a.m. firefighters went to 409 S. Jackson for an alarm. They returned to the station at 12:20 a.m.
At 1:11 p.m. crews went to 1 Taylor Pl. for an alarm. They were in service at 1:22 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.