* James Baker was traveling on County Road 725 East on Friday, Oct. 19 when he lost control of his vehicle.
Baker, 67, Indianapolis, tried to make a 90 degree turn when wet roads caused his 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup to skid off the road and head-on into the start of the guardrail.
Damage estimates are from $2,501-$5,000.
* On Oct. 22, a rainy Monday afternoon, Megan L. Close, 21, Spencer, pulled south onto Manhattan Rd. from County Road 575 South. The wet road at 3:33 p.m. caused Close to lose control and skid into the northbound lane and into the path or Misty J. Sawyer, 39, Reelsville.
Sawyer, driving a 2008 Ford Escape XLS, could not avoid a collision and Close, driving a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE, was sent off the road. Sawyer suffered chest injuries and was taken to Putnam County Hospital for observation.
Damage was estimated from $2,501-$5,000.
* Also on Monday, at 1 p.m., Daniel D. Gitonga, 35, Sayreville, was traveling south on U.S. 231. Gitonga said he wasn't paying attention when, driving a 1995 International tractor truck, he rear-ended Carolyn R. Whelan.
Whelan, 34, Clover-dale, was driving a 1999 Toyota Camry. No injuries were listed.
Damage was estimated between $1,001-$2,500.
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Tuesday.
* At 11 a.m. John Knight, 41, Indianapolis, was arrested by a court order.
* At 11:15 a.m. Joe Anthony Davison, 33, Clayton, was booked in for probation violation.
* At 3 p.m. Jeffery Lee Daniel, 40, Stilesville, was arrested by a court order.
* At 6 p.m. Donald Lee Hays, 32, Kokomo, was booked in for probation violation.
* At 11 p.m. Kevin Joseph Harrigan, 45, Greencastle, was taken into custody for operating while intoxicated.
The Greencastle Fire Department has been dispatched several times recently.
* On Friday, Oct. 19 at 6:01 p.m. crews were sent to 1132 Canterbury Drive to assist Operation Life. They were in service at 6:35 p.m.
* On Sunday, Oct. 21 at 5:21 p.m. firefighters went to 606 Crescent Drive for reports of an unauthorized burn. They returned to station at 5:42 p.m.
At 6:13 p.m. they were dispatched to 330 Fawnview Lane for a medical assist. They were back at 6:27 p.m.
At 8:47 p.m. crews were sent to 25 N. CR 225 East for a motor vehicle accident. They were back in service at 9:41 p.m.
* On Monday, Oct. 22 at 6:29 a.m. they were dispatched to 102 Ballard Lane to investigate an odor of natural gas. They returned at 6:58 a.m.
At 8:06 a.m. firefighters were dispatched to 1414 U.S. 231 for a vehicle fire, but disregarded before leaving the station at 8:08 a.m.
At 4:01 p.m. crews were sent to 1401 Indianapolis Rd. for a motor vehicle accident, again disregarded in station at 4:03 p.m.
At 5:11 p.m. they were sent to 807 S. College Ave. for an active fire alarm. They returned to station at 5:22 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 6:36 p.m. firefighters were sent to 13 Keightly Rd. to assist Operation Life, but disregarded in station at 6:37 p.m.
At 7:59 p.m. crews were sent to 50 East St. for a motor vehicle accident. They were in service at 8:32 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.