Putnam Scanner for Feb. 14, 2015
Four people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 10:45 a.m. on Thursday, Brian Anthony Bartley, 34, Greencastle, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 2:47 p.m., Mathew Alan Bishop, 31, Avon, was lodged at the jail for theft and failure to comply.
At 5:10 p.m. Stephen Eugene Seketa, 35, Greencastle, was charged with motor vehicle theft and parole violation.
* At 3:42 a.m. Friday, William Christopher Davis, 33, Greencastle, was booked in for possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
One unusual property-damage accident was investigated recently by Greencastle City Police officers.
The mishap occurred on State Road 240, approaching Indianapolis Road, at 11:38 a.m. Thursday.
Officer Ed Wilson reported that Lauren Perry, 27, Greencastle, was westbound on State Road 240, driving a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox, when she came upon a semi slowed or stopped in the roadway.
Unable to stop in time to avoid a collision, Perry's vehicle reportedly struck the rear of the semi's trailer.
The semi, however, continued on and turned into the Walmart Distribution Center property with the driver apparently unaware the rear of his trailer had been struck.
Perry was unable to obtain identifying numbers, police said.
Walmart officials checked the property, Officer Wilson noted, but were unable to find a trailer with any damage consistent with such a crash.
Damage to the Perry vehicle was estimated in excess of $5,000.
Three recent citations were written by Greencastle Officer Kyle Lee.
* At 12:59 a.m. Friday, Jason Jones, 35, Greencastle, was stopped at Main and Block streets in the city's South Bend.
Jones was cited by Officer Lee for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
* At 11:44 p.m. Thursday, Andrea Tilberry, 22, Cloverdale, was stopped by Officer Lee on Bloomington Street near Hanna Street.
Tilberry was cited for having an expired license plate (November 2014).
* At 11:16 p.m. Thursday, Jackson Evans, 20, Lexington Ky., was ticketed by Officer Lee for exceeding the urban speed limit.
Evans was stopped at Locust and Hanna streets, a 30-mph zone.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.