Cloverdale board announces special event schedule, plans
CLOVERDALE -- The Cloverdale Community School Corporation decided Monday at its monthly board meeting to release a schedule of events set to take place throughout the remainder of the school year.
With a unanimous 7-0 vote, the board approved events, seminars and dedications that range from financial support to the christening of the high school's basketball court.
Event schedule as of Dec. 12:
Dec. 5: Tucker Court Dedication with James Wade, F.A.C.S. Media Center; Dec. 8-10: CHS Guidance with Beth Sewell, Scholarship Help Night, DyKnow Lab; Dec. 18: Anniversary of the 1966 basketball team with James Wade, Knoy Resource Center; Dec. 19: FFA and Police Christmas program, Cloverdale Elementary and Middle schools; Jan. 5: Financial Aid Night with Beth Sewell, high school media center; Feb. 9: FAFSA Help Night, high school media center; December through January: Exercise seminars, Cloverdale High School weight room.
In other business:
* Three Cloverdale students from the elementary, middle and high schools, respectively, were honored Monday for their outstanding achievements in and around the classroom: Tanner Trammell, Lily Monnett and Jordan Harrell.
* A request to create a one-one-one part-time instructional assistant position at CES was approved.
* An approval was given to accept a donation from the Berliner group.
* Professional-leave requests were approved for Tara Baugh, Lisa Baker, Cathy Smith, Don Brattain, Lynn Lotz and Katie Mosley with a unanimous vote.
* Field trips, ranging from Dec. 7 through April 16, 2016 were approved. These include trips to Paoli Peaks, the Hulman Center and various high schools around the Indianapolis area.
* Multiple student transfers were approved. Students Angel Smith, Chance Smith, Haven Smith, Taylor Whitt and Joshua Whitt will attend Cloverdale schools after moving outside the district.
* Several hires, transfers and resignations were approved: Holly Watkins, CES Library, hire as part-time instructional assistant; Amanda Welchel, hire as CES part-time instructional assistant; Tyarra Clark, hire as CES part-time special education instructional assistant; Dawn Wade, hire for Knoy Office, Monday through Thursday from 4-6 p.m.; Kathy Moore, hire as Knoy teacher; Taylea Pennington, hire for CES and CMS cafeteria, part-time assistant; Mandy Evans, hire for CES and CMS cafeteria, part-time assistant; Angela Kiste, transfer from CES Library assistant to CES pre-school instructor; and Amanda Long, resigned as CHS part-time custodian.
The next board meeting will take place on Jan. 11 at 7 p.m.