Putnam Scanner 12-11-15
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 2 p.m. on Monday, Robert Bernal, 32, Frankfort, was arrested on a warrant.
* At 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Renne Gilliam, 32, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail by court order.
At 12:25 p.m. Robert Davis, 41, Indianapolis, was charged with driving with a suspended license.
At 12:27 p.m. Amber Michelle Adams, 33, no city listed, was housed at the jail on two counts of trafficking contraband with an inmate and dealing methamphetamine.
At 1:18 p.m. Michael James Joseph Parent, 26, Greencastle, was booked in for operating never having received a license.
At 2:20 p.m. Cody Allen Wade, 25, Poplarville, Miss., was arrested for domestic battery and battery with bodily injury.
At 4:28 p.m. Jaimi Luke Smith, 35, Lafayette, was lodged at the jail for bond revocation, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct.
* At 12:20 a.m. Wednesday, Stanley Eugene McKinney, 34, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a warrant.
At 5:20 p.m. Melvin Alfonzo Zuniga, 38, Franklin Square, N.Y., was booked in with identity deception, displaying another's identification card, theft, false informing and on a warrant.
At 8:10 p.m. Samuel Joseph Weekly, 35, Cloverdale, was charged with domestic battery.
* At 6:17 a.m. on Thursday, Diane Carol Shupinsky, 46, no city listed, was housed at the jail for possession of cocaine.
At 6:34 a.m. Ulysses Scott Lewis, 20, Coatesville, was arrested on a warrant.
A 20-year-old Greencastle man was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on theft and battery charges following an 8:20 p.m. Dec. 4 incident at the Greencastle Walmart store.
Authorities have charged Matthew Cole with theft for allegedly taking a $9.98 bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, opening the bag and eating the candy while in the store.
Capt. Charles Inman reported that Cole then put the bag back on the shelf.
When confronted by store personnel, Cole reportedly shoved one employee, resulting in the battery charge, and ran out of the store.
Meanwhile, two Greencastle men will be summoned into court on marijuana-related charges following 3:45 a.m. traffic stop by Officer Matt Huffman Dec. 4 at Indianapolis Road and Longcastle Drive.
* Samuel Richardson, 20, Greencastle, is facing possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia charges.
* Kory Kennedy, 21, Greencastle, is facing possession of marijuana charge.
Putnam County sheriff's deputies have responded to four recent property-damage accidents.
* At 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Carolyn S. Burgess, 60, Bloomfield, was northbound on U.S. 231 approaching the intersection of Stardust Road in Cloverdale in a 1997 Saturn. She was following a northbound 2006 Toyota driven by Thomas S. Huettner, 19, Wooster, Ohio.
Burgess told Lt. Donnie Pettit the light had turned yellow and she thought Huettner was going to proceed through the intersection. However, Huettner braked suddenly to stop and Burgess could not avoid the collision.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* At 5:10 a.m. on Monday, Dalton C. Guyer, 23, Greencastle, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2010 Honda Civic.
Guyer told Capt. Tom Helmer a vehicle in front of him suddenly slammed on the brakes and turned left onto County Road 200 North. Guyer said he hit his brakes and swerved to avoid the collision.
Instead, he lost control just north of the intersection, leaving the road on the right side and hitting a guardrail with the right rear of his car.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
* At 10:20 a.m. on Tuesday, Ivy D. Willard, 46, Coatesville, was eastbound on County Road 550 North in a 2004 Jeep Wrangler.
She told Capt. Helmer she could not explain what happened but the vehicle drifted off the right side of the road and into the grass shoulder and ditch. The vehicle continued until it hit a power pole with the right side front fender area.
The pole was broken off on impact and the vehicle came to rest on its right side with the top of the pole against the windshield.
Willard was trapped until first responders arrived to assist with extrication. She was not injured and signed a statement of release.
Operation Life, Floyd Township Fire Department and Reserve Deputy Ken Rozelle assisted at the scene.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
* At 4:57 a.m. on Tuesday, Richard L. Cornelius, 54, Reelsville, was southbound on U.S. 231 making a left turn onto the Interstate 70 entrance ramp in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado.
Jason A. Dean, 42, Quincy, was northbound in a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado approaching the same intersection.
Cornelius told Deputy Mike Downing he had the green light, but not the arrow. He said he did not see Dean's truck and turned into it, striking the left front of the other truck.
Dean said he had the green light and as he continued straight, Cornelius turned into his path.
Upon Downing's arrival, Cornelius was out and moving around the scene. Dean's truck had sustained heavier damage and he was pinned in the vehicle.
Dean was extricated and taken by Operation Like for immediate medical attention. Cornelius refused medical attention.
Both vehicles were towed.
Damage was estimated at $25,001-$50,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department has performed two medical assists and responded to one dispatch recently.
* At 3:36 p.m. on Thursday, GFD responded to a motor-vehicle accident at the intersection of U.S. 231 and County Road 350 South.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.