Putnam Scanner 7-14-17
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 6:11 p.m. Justin Levi Burnham, 30, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on three local warrants.
• At 4:32 p.m. Charles Thomas Turpin, 22, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a local warrant
• At 4:21 p.m. David Allen Calvert, 30, North Vernon, was arrested on a warrant for trafficking with an inmate.
• At 11:33 p.m. William Douglas Cruse, 19, Fillmore, was housed at the jail for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
One summons was issued recently by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 4:09 p.m. Tuesday, Norman Taylor, 48, Center Point, was issued a summons into court and was released from the scene by Capt. Chris Jones.
Stopped on Percy Julian Drive at Avenue F, Taylor was cited for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated four recent single-vehicle accidents.
• At 11:24 p.m. on Wednesday, Blaze T. Spencer, 19, Coatesville, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze when he reportedly fell asleep.
Deputy Jeffery Freeman reported that the vehicle traveled about 150 yards in the ditch before entering a field and going approximately 75 more yards into the corn.
The vehicle sustained major front-end and undercarriage damage, also hitting a mailbox at 8454 E. U.S. 36.
The car was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 10:34 p.m. on Wednesday, Brian E. Hilker, 46, New London, Wis., was southbound on U.S. 231 about 5,000 feet south of County Road 350 South in a 2007 Freightliner Coronado semi tractor-trailer.
Hilker told Deputy Freeman that dark, rainy conditions prevented him from seeing a tree in the road.
Hilker was uninjured but the tractor sustained significant windshield and front end damage.
Freeman estimated damage at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 3:30 a.m. on Monday, Denis E. Keegan, 58, Terre Haute, was westbound on Interstate 70 in a 2014 Ford Fusion when her car collided with a deer.
The vehicle was towed. Deputy Freeman estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 11:35 p.m. on Friday, July 7, Cameron B. Fruits, 17, Coatesville, was southbound on County Road 800 East in a 1995 Ford F150 when she hit a deer.
Deputy Freeman estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.