Putnam Scanner for Jan. 27, 2018
Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
• At 6:5r p.m. Daniel Richard Sparks, 31, Indianapolis, was taken into custody on a court order.
• At 6:47 p.m. Keith Allen Clampitt, 32, Danville, was lodged at the jail for theft.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage crashes.
• At 10 a.m. on Friday, Jesse L. Stout, 18, Fillmore, was traveling through the parking lot at the Putnam County Fairgrounds in a 2002 Dodge Stratus when he struck a utility pole.
Stout told Deputy Matt Biggs that the sun was in his eyes and he did not see the pole. The collision caused disabling damage to the car.
Furthermore, the telephone wire was damaged due to the collisions.
Biggs reported that he believed speed to have been a factor.
The car was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 11:26 p.m. on Thursday, Eugene F. Rose, 62, Cloverdale, was westbound on U.S. 40 near County Road 400 East in a 2007 Kia Sorrento when he hit a deer.
The vehicle was towed. Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 6:54 a.m. on Wednesday, Andrea N. Mehringer, 30, Greenwood, was stopped westbound on the exit of Interstate 70 at U.S. 231 in a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer. Charles A. Medley, 54, Martinsville, was stopped behind her in a 1995 Jeep Cherokee.
Medley told Deputy Brian Helmer he thought Mehringer was going but she was waiting for traffic to clear. He rear-ended her vehicle.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
Six recent traffic citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 11:13 a.m. Thursday, Caleb Basore, 18, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Darrel Bunten.
Stopped Fifth Street and Avenue D, Basore was cited for disregarding a stopsign.
• At 11:28 p.m. Wednesday, Keegan Bridges, 18, Greencastle, was cited for speeding by Sgt. Eric Vaughan.
Stopped on Bloomington Street, Bridges was ticketed for 47 mph in a 30-mph zone.
• At 8:06 a.m. Tuesday, Marcus McCombs, 31, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Zach Rhine.
McCombs was stopped at College and Shadowlawn avenues for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
• At 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, Justin Caffe, 19, Brazil was, cited by Officer Brad Hiatt.
Caffee was stopped on Bloomington Street and ticketed for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
• At 11:55 p.m. Monday, Heather Crosby, 43, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Hiatt.
Stopped on West Walnut Street, Crosby was cited for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
• At 2:14 p.m. Monday, Chad Gurney, 29, Greencastle, was ticketed for speeding by Capt. Chris Jones.
Gurney was stopped on Shadowlawn Avenue for 35 mph in a 20-mph zone.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.