Putnam Scanner for July 10, 2018
Thirteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 4:29 a.m. Anna Mae Gross, 52, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 4:05 a.m. Mary Catherine Downey, 45, Fishers, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 12:53 a.m. John Abraham Stewart, 22, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for criminal trespass.
• At 12:13 a.m. Darreus James Rainwater, 22, Greencastle, was booked in on a Greeene County warrant for burglary.
• At 8:50 p.m. Chandler Ray Hyten, 21, Fillmore, was lodged at the jail for criminal trespass.
• At 8:37 p.m. Jacob Elijah Williams, 23, Greencastle, was taken into custody for criminal trespass.
• At 6:26 p.m. Angela Kay Huff, 40, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for residential entry, domestic battery and criminal trespass.
• At 5:41 p.m. William Edward Bolton II, 19, Greencastle, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 9:13 a.m. Carlos Hernandez, 45, Ladoga, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 8:45 p.m. Douglas Lee Allsup, 42, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 7:50 p.m. Allen Lane Kennedy, 55, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail on a court order.
• At 4:25 a.m. Wesley Thomas Vittatoe, 25, Greencastle, was booked in on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 7:18 p.m. Miriam Loraine Larson, 35, Rockville, was lodged at the jail for official misconduct and trafficking with an inmate.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage accident.
• At 8:14 a.m. on Sunday, Clifford L. Wilson, 61, Indianapolis, was southbound on State Road 243 in a 2007 Ford F150.
Just south of County Road 1250 South a large tree had fallen down, blocking the road. There is a curve just to the north of the area, making visibility poor.
Deputy Brian Helmer reported that Wilson came around the curve and attempted to slow down, but it was too late to avoid hitting the tree.
The truck sustained heavy front-end damage and had to be towed. The truck was also hauling a trailer. While the trailer did not appear to be damaged, the impact knocked a John Deere riding mower off the trailer.
Wilson was not injured.
Damage was estimated at $10,000-$25,000.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 7:26 p.m. Thursday, Joshua Cunningham, 33, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Zach Rhine at the Greencastle Taco Bell at Indianapolis Road and Warren Drive.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Cunningham is facing charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of parphernalia. He is also being held on a Putnam County warrant for violation of probation.
One recent citation was issued by city officers.
• At 10:20 p.m. Wednesday, Craig Leeke, 60, Lebanon, was cited by Officer Brad Hiatt.
Stopped on Fillmore Road, Leeke was issued a summons for operating a motor vehicle without financial responsibility.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four recent dispatches:
•At 1:19 p.m. Saturday, GFD responded to a moped accident with injuries at 831 E. Ridgeland Rd. Firefighters arrived on scene at 1:28 p.m. and were tasked with cleaning up debris.
They cleared the scene at 1:53 p.m.
•At 11:45 a.m. Sunday, GFD was dispatched to 4097 N. CR. 125 East for a structure fire. Firefighters arrived at 11:55 a.m. and assisted with an investigation into the fire.
They left the scene at 1 p.m.
•At 8:32 a.m. Monday, GFD was dispatched to 1047 Indianapolis Rd. for a motor vehicle accident with no injuries. Units arrived on scene at 8:38 a.m. and assisted with cleanup.
They cleared the scene at 8:59 a.m.
•At 10:47 a.m. Monday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at Walmart Distribution Center. Firefighters arrived at 10:54 a.m. and found no fire, but that a water flow alarm had been set off.
They reset the alarm and left the scene at 11:05 a.m.
Additionally, GFD responded to five medical assists during the period.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.