Putnam Scanner for August 10, 2018
Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 8:45 p.m. Michael James Vance, 28, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 5:06 p.m. Billy Lee Nevins, 55, Bridgeton, was housed at the jail on a court order.
• At 8:19 a.m. Jerry Joe Miller Jr., 55, Greencastle, was booked in for unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle and criminal mischief.
• At 9:47 p.m. Joseph Martin Starnes, 52, Martinsville, was taken into custody on a court order.
• At 2:47 p.m. Kayla Nicole Bowling, 24, Dover, Ky., was housed at the jail for failure to appear and on a local warrant.
Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 6:47 p.m. Wednesday, Frederick Buttery, 44, Poland, was arrested on Avenue E by Officer Alec Pettit.
Arrested on a Parke County warrant stemming from an original charge of unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle, Buttery was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
• At 1:35 a.m. Wednesday, Derek Joseph Harlan, 27, Terre Haute, was arrested on North College Avenue by Officer Zach Rhine.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Harlan was taken into custody on a Vigo County warrant stemming from an original charge of escape from lawful detention.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatch:
•At 4:40 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to Putnam County Hospital for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 4:34 and found that the alarm was unintentional and set off in the kitchen. The alarm was then reset.
They left the scene at 4:42 p.m.
•At 11:29 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to Indianapolis Road for a motor vehicle accident with injuries. Units arrived on the scene at 11:44 and cleaned up debris from the accident.
They left at 12:09 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed four medical assists and had two disregards around this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.