Putnam Scanner for August 25, 2018
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 2:51 a.m. Fahad Ahmed Alshaiban, 24, Winfield, Kan., was housed at the jail for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 2:50 p.m. Lonnie Ray Boyce, 43, Cloverdale, was booked in on a court order.
• At 12:31 a.m. Carolyn Jane Burton, 56, Corydon, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance, driving while intoxicated and reckless possession of paraphernalia.
• At 10:51 a.m. William Joseph Smith, 32, Diamond Bar, Calif., was taken into custody on a local warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 11:22 a.m. on Thursday, Dylan J. Phillips, 17, Reelsville, was northbound on U.S. 231 in the area of Putnam County Hospital in a 2000 Dodge Dakota. Creigh A. Remsburg, 17, Greencastle, was northbound in front of Phillips in a 2009 Chevrolet Impala.
Phillips told Lt. Donnie Pettit that Remsburg was stopped for a vehicle turning left into the hospital. Phillips said he braked but could not get stopped in time to avoid the collision.
Phillips’ vehicle was towed. Pettit estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four recent dispatches:
•At 12:07 a.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 633 Elliot St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 12:16 and found that it was an alarm that had activated on a previous run. The alarm was unplugged and had its battery changed.
They left at 12:49 a.m.
•At 5:37 a.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to assist Cloverdale Fire Department with a vehicle accident with fire and fatalities on Interstate 70 near Cloverdale. Units arrived at 6:02 a.m. and extinguished the fire and extracted the victims. Debris was then cleared from the roadway.
They cleared the scene at 10:51 a.m.
•At 9:13 a.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 503 S. Jackson St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 9:16 and determined that the alarm was activated due to cooking. The alarm was then reset.
They left at 9:23 a.m.
•At 11:49 a.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 105 W. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 11:52 and found the alarm was activated due to cooking. The alarm was then reset.
They left at 12:06 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed four medical assists during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.