Putnam Scanner for October 10, 2018
Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 10:57 p.m. Matthew Montgomery, 40, Reelsville, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 8:33 p.m. Erik Justin VanHalen, 48, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 4:25 a.m. Heath Alan Cloncs, 31, Ladoga, was taken into custody for kidnapping, criminal confinement, domestic battery, criminal recklessness, intimidation and interfering with the reporting of a crime.
• At 1:53 a.m. Gabrielle Alysse Maune, 21, St. Louis, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 1:03 a.m. Clinton Cordell Chandler, 27, Cloverdale, was booked in for driving while intoxicated.
• At 12:04 a.m. David Gene Etheridge, 63, Clay City, was housed at the jail for driving with a BAC of .15 or more.
Two weekend arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 1:10 p.m. Saturday, Jordan Frederick-Andrew Terrel, 28, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Kyle Lee on an Owen County warrant for failure to register as a sex or violent offender.
Arrested near the intersection of Maple and Apple streets in the city’s South End, Terrel was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
• At 10:48 p.m. Friday, Troy Lee Morphew, 44, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Elsiana Crosby on charges of false informing, disorderly conduct and public intoxication, along with an Owen County warrant for dealing in methamphetamine.
Arrested on Walnut Street, Morphew was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Three recent traffic citations were issued by city officers.
• At 9:40 p.m. Sunday, Leanna Boles, 27, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Brad Hiatt.
Stopped on North Indiana Street, Boles was ticketed for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
• At 7:50 a.m. Sunday, Talon Martin, 18, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Crosby.
Cited for an infraction of driving with a suspended license, Martin was stopped on Poplar Street near South Jackson Street.
• At 2:24 p.m. Saturday, Cheryl Woodall, 44, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Kyle Lee.
Ticketed at Big Walnut Sports Park, Woodall was ticketed for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated five recent property-damage accidents.
• At 10:25 p.m. on Monday, Logan Hedrick, 27, Greencastle, was southbound on County Road 150 West in a 2018 Honda Civic when he hit a deer.
Deputy Daniel Birt estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 2:04 p.m. on Sunday, Micah T. Napier, 16, Spencer, was turning from westbound County Road 1200 South onto southbound U.S. 231 in a 1999 Ford Ranger. James R. Adams, 67, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 on a 2003 Harley-Davidson FLH.
Deputy Randy Patrick reported that Napier did not yield right-of-way to Adams, who made contact with the rear passenger side portion of Napier’s pickup.
Adams suffered multiple injuries and was taken to Putnam County Hospital and later airlifted to Eskanazi Hospital, Indianapolis.
Napier’s vehicle suffered only minor damage and was driven from the scene. Adams’ motorcycle had to be towed.
Patrick, who was assisted at the scene by Deputy Matt Biggs and Reserve Deputy Ken Rozelle, estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 10:32 a.m. on Sunday, Michelle L. Levine, 46, Indianapolis, was westbound on State Road 42 in the area of County Road 175 East on a 2003 Yamaha V6A.
As the motorcycle began down a curved hill she struck a dip in the road, which caused her to lose control. The motorcycle continued on a straight line and left her west side of the road.
Levine, who was not wearing a helmet at the time, was taken to Putnam County Hospital for a complaint of pain.
Her motorcycle was removed from the scene by friends with whom she was riding.
Deputy Matt Biggs estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 5:37 p.m. on Friday, Carl F. Miner, 48, Gosport, was exiting the gas station at U.S. 231 and U.S. 40 in a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. He was attempting to go through stopped southbound traffic and turn left onto northbound U.S. 231.
Chad D. Beadles, 45, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231, entering the left turn lane in a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer.
Miner made front center contact into the right rear of Beadles’ vehicle. Both vehicles were driven from the scene.
Sgt. Kyle Gibbons estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 3:37 p.m. on Friday, Samantha Q. Davis, 18, Cloverdale, was parked in a driveway at 3485 E. State Road 42, attempting to leave in a 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
A 2008 Dodge Nitro registered to Diana S. Hill, Clayton, was parked behind Davis’ car.
Davis told Deputy Josh Boller the sun was in her eyes and she could not see Hill’s vehicle, causing her to back into it.
Boller estimated damage at $1,000-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatches:
•At 3:37 p.m. on Monday, GFD responded to a service call at 106 S. Spring St. Units arrived at 3:38 and found that a beeping alarm was due to a panel that was malfunctioning. The alarm was reset and the property manager was contacted. GFD went back into service at 3:46 p.m.
•At 11:19 p.m. on Monday, GFD was dispatched to 407 S. Jackson St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 11:22 but could not determine a cause for the alarm. The detector head was blown out and the alarm was then reset. GFD left the scene at 11:26 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed one medical assist during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.