Putnam Scanner for January 31, 2020
Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 11:27 p.m. Dustin J. Knight, 36, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for driving on a suspended license.
• At 8:24 p.m. Charles R. Sage, 34, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for resisting law enforcement and disorderly conduct.
• At 7:41 p.m. Richard A. Romandine, 40, Cloverdale, was booked in for identity deception, false informing and driving with a suspended license.
• At 7:36 p.m. Jason J. Miller, 37, Brazil, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 5:30 p.m. James J. Gillin, 42, Staunton, was taken into custody for criminal trespass.
• At 5:29 p.m. Shaun T. Carter, 40, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
• At 2:59 p.m. Corey A. Bunten, 32, Greencastle, was booked in on an out-of-county warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated four recent property-damage crashes.
• At 1:34 p.m. on Wednesday, Shiana Yarrito, 22, Washington, was westbound on County Road 126 South in a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt.
Yarrito told Deputy Tanner Brown she was trying to turn a corner when she lost control and slid off the road, hitting a utility pole.
The airbag deployed and Yarrito complained of chest pain, as well as suffering a minor cut above her right eye.
She was transported from the scene.
Brown estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000. The car was towed.
• At 4:59 a.m. on Wednesday, Angelina M. Murray, 41, Greencastle, was eastbound on State Road 240 in a 2012 Toyota Yaris when she hit a deer.
Deputy Brown estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 2:27 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 24, Sarah Ledbetter, 18, Gosport, was northbound on County Road 525 West in a 2002 Ford Mustang.
Ledbetter told Deputy Brown that as she rounded a corner, a truck was in the center of the road, so she drove off the side of the road partially to avoid it. Ledbetter said she then tried to steer back onto the road but lost control and slid across the road and into the ditch on the opposite side, where she struck a tree.
Ledbetter said she was not wearing a seatbelt, which caused her to leave her seat and land in the front passenger seat.
She told Brown she first called her boyfriend to pick her up and take her to work so she wouldn’t get fired. However, after getting to work she was taken to the emergency room, saying the whole right side of her body hurt.
Brown was originally called to the scene by Putnam County Dispatch after a call of a yellow Mustang crashed into a tree with people unloading items into another vehicle.
The deputy arrived to find the tow truck driver already on the scene. He got a number from the tow truck driver, which got him in touch with Ledbetter’s boyfriend Harley. Brown eventually spoke to Ledbetter at the Putnam County Hospital.
Brown estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 12:23 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 24, Isaac Fuelling, 33, Mount Vernon, was southbound on State Road 243 in a 2015 Dodge Charger when he struck black ice, lost control and slid into the ditch.
The car was towed. Brown estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to one recent dispatch:
• At 7:29 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded to a motor vehicle accident without injuries located at Phoenix Closures. Units arrived on the scene at 7:33 and performed fluid cleanup. GFD went back into service at 8:09 a.m.
Additionally, GFD recently had six medical assists and one disregard.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.