Putnam Scanner for March 21, 2020
Four recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 6:56 p.m. Thursday, Cory Scobee, 39, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Alec Pettit for theft at the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
Authorities said Scobee attempted to take $82.20 in merchandise by skip-scanning at the U-scan register. He reportedly scanned 41 items but skipped 22 others in his cart.
Scobee reportedly took pop tarts, lasagna, chips and other food items, party cups and two Starbucks Double Shot drinks.
• At 5:40 p.m. Tuesday, Kara Steadman, 33, Oklahoma City, was arrested for auto theft by Officer Zach Rhine.
She was arrested on Westlane Road and lodged in the Putnam County Jail for theft and leaving the scene of a property-damage accident.
Driving a stolen 2000 GMC Sonoma owned by Ralph Curtis of Terre Haute, Steadman was involved in an accident at 5:06 p.m. Tuesday on Bloomington Street.
Capt. Charles Inman reported that Steadman was southbound and failed to stop when a vehicle in front of her, a 2017 GMC Sierra, driven by Lucinda Fox, 39, Cloverdale, stoped to make a left turn into a convenience store in the 1200 block of Bloomington Street.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000 by Capt. Inman.
Steadman reportedly got out of the stolen vehicle, looked at the damage, got back in the vehicle and drove off.
• At 6:46 p.m. Tuesday, Carlton Dumaoal, 53, Greencastle, was arrested on East Walnut Street by Officer Alec Pettit for auto theft, unauthorized entry of a vehicle and operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a blood-alcohol content of .217 percent.
Dumaoal, who was lodged in the Putnam County Jail, reportedly stole a 2018 GMC pickup, owned by Benjamin Shannan, 26, a construction worker from Missouri who is staying locally while working on a project. The vehicle was parked in a lot behind Lifebuilder Church at 637 E. Washington St.
It marks the second time in five days that Dumaoal was arrested in the same area for unauthorized entry of a vehicle.
• At 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, Gary Hill, 30, Greencastle, was arrested at Putnam County Hospital by Officer Nick Eastham.
Hill was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of battery, battery by bodily waste, battery on law enforcement, resisting arrest and intimidation.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 4:32 p.m. on Thursday, Kaitlyn M. Trissel, 17, Greencastle, was southbound on County Road 300 East in a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado when she missed a 90-degree turn.
The truck ran off the south side of the road, traveling approximately 100 feet before hittng a tree.
The pickup was towed. Deputy Anthony Brown estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently performed two medical assists and had one disregard.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.