Range Line Road home lost in early-morning blaze Wednesday
Firefighters from six local departments were dispatched to a house fire that resulted in a total loss early Wednesday morning.
At 2:41 a.m., the Greencastle Fire Department received a call for a reported chimney fire at 1819 E. Range Line Rd. Crews arrived at 2:48 to a working fire that had engulfed the home.
GFD was assisted by units from the Cloverdale, Fillmore, Reelsville, Madison Township, Floyd Township and Jefferson Township volunteer fire departments. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, Greencastle Police Department and Putnam County EMS were also present.
The fire was considered under control at 4:35 a.m.
Fire crews remained on the scene until approximately 6:35 a.m.
According to Putnam County GIS, the home was listed to Max and Helen Williams.
While the house was a total loss, no injuries have been reported. As of Thursday afternoon, no cause for the fire had been determined.