Putnam Scanner for Dec. 15, 2020
Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 3:59 p.m. James E. Dismon, 41, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a Johnson County warrant.
• At 10:54 a.m. Richard W. Kutz, 60, Fillmore, was taken into custody for battery and intimidation.
• At 9:59 a.m. Timothy J. Buckallew, 30, Martinsville, was housed at the jail for driving with an ACE of .15 or more.
• At 8:31 p.m. Marianne M. Shearer, 40, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, driving while intoxicated and carrying a handgun without a license.
• At 7:59 p.m. James L. Graham, 40, Chicago, was taken into custody on a Shelby County warrant.
• At 6:50 p.m. Naomi R. Featherston, 41, Greencastle, was booked in for domestic battery and intimidation.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 12:14 a.m. Friday, Jennifer Jett, 43, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Luke Brown.
Officer Brown was dispatched to County Road 300 South on a report of a disturbance in the roadway. When Brown arrived, he reportedly found Jett parked in the middle of the street.
Although she originally registered .118 percent BAC, Jett was charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated-refusal.
Jett was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
One recent citation was issued by city officers.
• At 12:40 a.m. Sunday, Cameron Bell, 28, Terre Haute, was ticketed by Officer Jared McDaniel.
Stopped along Veterans Memorial Highway, Bell was cited for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated four recent property-damage crashes.
• At 7:20 p.m. on Sunday, Cari L. Wood, 41, Greencastle, was backing out of a driveway in the 6500 block of West Rangeline Road in a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox when she backed into an unoccupied 2011 Chevrolet Cruze registered to Markus L. Roberts of Greencastle.
Deputy Randy Patrick estimated damage at $1,000-$2,500.
• At 7:18 p.m. on Sunday, Dartagnan T. Neudeck, 17, Reelsville, was westbound on U.S. 40 in a 2007 Ford Focus when he hit a deer.
Deputy Robert Soilleux estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 3:17 a.m. on Sunday, Tyler W. Wright, 20, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 375 North in a 2007 Honda Accord.
Wright told Deputy Soilleux he was going approximately 25 mph when he lost control in a corner. He said the car began to hydroplane and continued going straight, even though he had turned the wheel. Wright also said he applied the emergency brake in an attempt to stop.
Instead, the car slid straight off the roadway and into a utility pole, the force of the crashing snapping a utility pole, bringing down power lines, a street light and transformer, knocking out power to the surrounding area. The vehicle suffered heavy front-end damage and was towed.
Soilleux smelled an alcoholic beverage on Wright and also observed two open beer cans in the car. Wright admitted to drinking.
He later tested at .15 ACE on the certified test. He was booked in the jail at 6:53 a.m. for driving while intoxicated, driving per se and being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
Wright initially said he had no injuries and refused treatment, but later complained of wrist pain and was taken to Putnam County Hospital.
Soilleux estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000.
• At 7:49 p.m. on Friday, James H. Shrout, 73, Bainbridge, was northbound on U.S. 231 near U.S. 36 in a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado when he hit a deer.
The vehicle was towed. Deputy Patrick estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.