- SATURDAY JAM: When you're sitting back in your rose pink Cadillac... (5/6/23)
- MONDAY JAM: With no place to go (5/1/23)
- Friday Jam: Too-ra-loo-ra-loo, too-ra-loo-ra-lay (3/17/23)2
- Friday Jam: Thanks for the tunes, Jeff (1/13/23)1
- THANKSGIVING JAM: Take a Load Off (11/24/22)
- WEDNESDAY JAM: I'm about to lose my worried mind (10/19/22)2
- FRIDAY JAM: Tell me a bedtime story (8/5/22)
TUESDAY JAM: Dad, get me out of this
Not much to explain here, just that I woke up with this song in my head.
Was a strong enough urge that I had to keep my daughter at bay in her normal demands to listen to Taylor Swift or Zendaya every morning on the way to school.
Now, Warren Zevon might be a little dark for your six-year-old, but what can you do? But sometimes I really need to hear "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me" or "Accidentally Like a Martyr" or "Carmelita" or ... or ... or ...
Let's just say the man had some chops as a songwriter and performer.
But today it was "Lawyers, Guns and Money." Check out this live version from the year of my birth.
Zevon was an amazing talent and it sucks to think he's been gone for 18 years now. Was always interested to hear the things he had to say, both musically and in his countless interviews with David Letterman.
Enjoy and be good out there. Try not to end up hiding in Honduras.
Posting a comment requires free registration:
- If you already have an account, follow this link to login
- Otherwise, follow this link to register