Putnam Scanner for Nov. 3, 2007
Putnam County Jail
Two people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
• William Joseph Miles, 38, Brazil, was at 5:52 p.m. Thursday for driving while suspended or revoked. He was arrested by State Police Trooper William Patterson and released at noon on Friday.
• Tommy M. Daniel, 47, of Clinton, was booked at 12:20 p.m. on Friday for violation of home detention and failure to appear in court. He was arrested by Indiana State Police Trooper Kenneth Knight.
Greencastle police investigated an accident and issued several tickets recently.
• At 3:28 p.m. Thursday, two cars collided at the intersection of Indianapolis Road and Judson Drive.
Officer Chris Helmer reported that Sandra Cunningham, 43, Greencastle, was stopped to turn driving a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer, waiting for a line of cars to clear. A 1990 Oldsmobile, driven by Jarome Jessie, 31, Crawfordsville, approached from behind and failed to stop, causing a collision.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-2,500.
Meanwhile, the following traffic citations were issued:
• At 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, Amanda Lawson, 24, Spencer, was cited on Bloomington Street for a false or fictitious registration. She was ticketed by Officer Helmer.
Officer Travis DeLaGrange issued the following tickets on Thursday:
• At 1:20 p.m., William Lutz Jr., 52, Poland, was cited on Bloomington Street for driving with no financial responsibility.
• At 5:40 p.m., James Kavanaugh, 20, Greencastle, was cited on Bloomington Street for an expired license plate.
• At 7 p.m, Geoffrey Crowe, 41, Coatesville, was cited on Indianapolis Road for an expired trailer plate.
• At 8:25 p.m., Christopher Skillern, 37, Greencastle, was cited on Bloomington Street for speeding 52 mph in a 30-mph zone.
• At 9:10 p.m., Aaron Stout, 33, Greencastle, was cited on Indianapolis Road for driving while suspended and an expired license plate.