Putnam Scanner for March 29
Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* John Regester, 35, Terre Haute, was arrested at 2:15 p.m. Thursday as part of a petition to revoke probation.
* Narayan Trivedi, 24, Indianapolis, was arrested at 3:07 a.m. Friday as part of a petition to revoke probation.
* Craig Sweares, 36, New Whiteland, was arrested at 10:09 a.m. Friday as a court ordered commitment.
Greencastle Fire Department
The Greencastle Fire Department made the following runs recently:
* At 12:11 p.m. Thursday, fire crews were dispatched to 405 S. Jackson St. for a fire alarm.
They found no fire and returned to station at 12:16 p.m.
* At 11:10 a.m. Friday, a crew was dispatched to Wal-Mart Distribution on a medical assist with Operation Life.
They returned to station at 11:49 a.m.
* At 4:09 p.m. Friday, fire crews were dispatched to 1991 S. CR 675 E to assist Fillmore Fire Department on a carbon monoxide investigation.
The responding engine was disregarded and returned to station at 4:47 p.m.
Fire Chief Bill Newgent took part in the investigation, but his findings were not available at press time.