Winter emergency list
Despite the popularity of cell phones, it may not always help in emergency situations. The items listed below should be kept somewhere in the vehicle during the winter season.
* Cat litter -- It will help give tires traction during slick road conditions.
* Candles -- In a small-enclosed area such as a vehicle, candles will provide some heat.
* Matches -- A way to light the candles
* Blankets -- A good way to keep warm when the vehicle is unable provide heat
* Hand warmers -- Another good source to keep warm
* Flares or hazard triangles -- These can be purchased at any local automotive store.
* Extra outer clothing -- Items such as boots and gloves should a driver have to walk for help