Police Scanner for 1-6-11
Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Dec. 24, 6:58 p.m.: Demetrios Emmanuelides, 47, Noblesville, was stopped at the intersection of CR 400N and CR 600E in a 2001 Lincoln Navigator. He attempted to proceed through the intersection, but was moving slowly due to snow and ice. Eric R. Pentz, 22, Mooresville, was approaching the intersection in a 1992 Chevrolet and was unable to stop once he saw Emmanuelides' vehicle, striking it on the driver's side.
Pentz was cited for driving while suspended.
* Dec. 24, 7:20 p.m.: Samuel R. Hood, 17, Roachdale, was on CR 725W in a 1997 Ford F250 when he began sliding on ice. he left the roadway and struck a telephone box.
* Dec. 24, 8:10 p.m.: Tede D. Auten, 44, Coatesville, was on CR 525E in a 2007 Toyota when he started to slide. He was unable to stay on the road and entered a ditch on the right side.
* Dec. 24, 8:53 p.m.: Becky J. Liford, 59, Spencer, was on I-70 West in a 2003 Jeep Cherokee when she hit a patch of ice, causing her to lose control and enter a ditch on the right side of the road.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Dec. 25, 2:41 p.m.: Abby R. Sharp, 29, Greenwood, was on CR 825E attempting to turn onto CR 525N in a 2005 Hyundai Tucson, but she was unable to make the turn in the snow and ice and ran off the road.
Towed by AAA. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Dec. 25, 2:55 p.m.: Kenneth J. Danikow, 41, Bainbridge, was southbound on CR 600E at the intersection of CR 500N in a 2005 GMC Envoy when he was unable to stop due to road conditions, leaving the road and striking a fence.
* Dec. 25, 6:38 p.m.: Chester V. Justice Jr., 35, Reelsville, was southbound on CR 150W near CR 300S in a 2001 Ford when he struck a deer.
* Dec. 29, 7:52 p.m.: Scott A. Ezman, 37, Coatesville, was westbound on CR 1100N in a 1992 Buick Century when he struck a deer.
* Dec. 30, 7:52 p.m.: Susan M. Booe, 54, Greencastle, was on U.S. 40 West in a 2006 Toyota when she struck a deer.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Dec. 31, 8:31 p.m.: Randy S. Ringis Jr., 17, Waveland, was westbound on CR 1400N in a 1995 Plymouth Neon. Due to fog, he didn't see the road made a slight jog, causing him to run off the road and hit a stump.
Towed by Kenny's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Jan. 1, 1:43 a.m.: Gabriel I. Daniels, 28, Fillmore, was eastbound on CR 1000S in a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. He was entering a sharp curve in the road when he lost control, leaving the roadway, striking a guide wire and sliding 250 feet across wet grass and hitting a tree head on.
Daniels suffered bruising throughout his body.
He was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $25,001-$50,000.
* Jan. 1, 8:40 a.m.: Rachel M. Jackson, 21, Evansville, was on CR 300W in a 2005 Scion. She said she was unfamiliar with the road and missed the turn, causing her to go off the road and into a fence.
* Jan. 3, 12:21 a.m.: Craig M. Proctor, 27, Russellville, was northbound on Manhattan Rd. in a 2007 Ford Mustang. He failed to maintain control of the vehicle while making a curve in the roadway, leaving it on the west side. The vehicle then made contact with a fence and a ditch. and became airborne and then inverted at final rest.
Proctor advised he became scared and fled the scene, but later returned. He said he kicked the door open and crawled out.
Practor said he had been drinking, smoking marijuana and was on medication at the time of the crash. He was transported to Putnam County Hospital for a blood test, where he tested positive for THC. A pill bottle belonging to Proctor was also found. It contained 31.5 Clonazepam of the originally prescribed 70. According to dosage information, no more than 16 pills should have been gone at the time of the crash.
Proctor was transported to the Putnam County Jail on charges of driving while intoxicated.
Towed by Seniour's. Damagge $10,001-$25,000.
* Jan. 3, 6:27 p.m.: Clark L. Becker, 20, Greencastle, was on CR 100E in a 1983 BMW C38 when a deer hit the front right side of the car.
Putnam County Jail
Michael Edward Artigue, 21, Terre Haute: Driving while intoxicated, Jan. 31, 4:31 a.m.
Nicholas Leon Bennett, 20, Greencastle: Probation violation, Jan. 3, 3 p.m.
Matthew Wayne Boyd, 26, Indianapolis: Conspiracy to commit theft, Jan. 3, 12:20 p.m.
Gabriel Issac Daniels, 28, Fillmore: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 1, 11:07 a.m.
Timothy Wayne Ebbing, 24, Indianapolis: Probation violation, Jan. 1, 12:58 p.m.
Andre Dwayne Giden, 33, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, driving while suspended, Jan. 31, 12:16 a.m.
Tricia Susan Goings, 25, Ladoga: Failure to appear, Jan. 31, 2 p.m.
Michael Grever, 29, Cloverdale: Failure to appear, Jan. 30, 2:25 p.m.
Latoya Tercasa Leppert, 34, Greencastle: Check deception, Jan. 3, 2 p.m.
Natalie Elise Murrell, 23, Indianapolis: Trafficking contraband with an inmate, Jan. 1, 3:03 p.m.
Craig M. Proctor, 27, Rusellville: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 3, 2:32 a.m.
Joachin Rueda Raul, 43, Milwaukee: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 1, 6:45 p.m.
Dawn Elizabeth Smith, 40, Brazil: Fraud, Dec. 2, 11:25 a.m.
Christopher Paul Stapert, 24, Paticksburg: Probation violation, Jan. 2, 11:52 a.m.
James William Webb, 47, Cloverdale: Probation violation, Jan. 4, 9:55 a.m.
Erik David Wilburn, 23, Albuquerque, N.M.: Habitual traffic violator, Jan. 1, 1:27 a.m.
Bryan Allan Williams, 50, no city listed: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 31, 1:46 a.m.
Jonah Michael Yates, 21, Indianapolis: Probation violation, Jan. 3, 11:50 a.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Dec. 29, 1 a.m.: Car wreck south of Crow's Bridge. Disregarded en route 1:09 a.m.
Dec. 29, 8:22 p.m.: Alarm at 330 Greenwood Ave. Cleared 8:46 p.m.
Dec. 30, 7:43 p.m.: Assist police with forcible entry at 2 Seminary St. Cleared 7:54 p.m.
Jan. 1, 2 a.m.: Alarm at 101 W. Washington St. Nothing found. Cleared 2:45 a.m.
Jan. 1, 7:19 p.m.: Alarm at 1165 Paddock Ct. Nothing found. Cleared 8:12 p.m.
Jan. 2, 6:43 p.m.: Provided manpower for Operation Life at 203 S. Indiana St. Cleared 7:01 p.m.
Jan. 2, 7:13 p.m.: Medical assist at 80 King's Wood Ct. Cleared 7:43 p.m.
Jan. 3, 12:21 a.m.: Car wreck on Manhattan Rd. Cleared 1:14 a.m.
Jan. 4, 4:13 a.m.: Medical assist at 98 N. 10th St. Cleared 4:39 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.