Police Scanner for 1-21
Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Jan. 7, 3:15 p.m.: Colleen Joyce, 41, Cartersburg, was backing out of a parking space on the south side of South Putnam High School in a 1997 Buick LeSabre. At the same time, Carl Daugherty, 34, Avon, was trying to make a U-turn in the parking lot in a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. Daugherty had to stop and back up to avoid a curb when Joyce backed into him.
* Jan. 15, 6:55 a.m.: Avalee Stanton, 44, Brazil, was southbound on Manhattan Rd. at CR 575S in a 2005 Ford Expedition when she lost control on snow and ice. The vehicle traveled off the west side of the road and into a ditch.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Jan. 15, 12:30 p.m.: Sarah E. Cheatham, 16, Greencastle, was westbound on CR 550S in a 2003 Chevrolet Venture attempting to turn north on CR 25E. As she started to turn, the vehicle began sliding on the snow and ice, sliding straight across the intersection when she applied the brakes. The vehicle left the roadway on the west side onto a grass shoulder, where its left rear impacted a utility pole. Cheatham's father pulled the vehicle away from the pole and was able to drive it home.
* Jan. 16, 7:30 p.m.: Roy W. Poybter, 54, Bainbridge, was on CR 200E in a 997 Plymouth when he struck a deer.
* Jan. 17, 2:02 a.m.: Kyle J. Ledford, 18, Cloverdale, was westbound on I-70 in a 1994 Ford Ranger. He was looking at his GPS unit and not paying attention when he struck the rear end of the trailer pulled by Victor E. Silcott, 36, Jackson, Mich., in a 2000 International semi tractor.
Ledford's vehicle sustained extensive front end damage and was towed by Steele's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Jan. 17, 5:22 a.m.: Thomas K. Parrish, 45, Terre Haute, was westbound on U.S. 40 in a 2006 Dodge when he struck a deer.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Jan. 17, 7:47 p.m.: Jaronna J. Green, 49, Marshall, was on U.S. 36 in a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser when she struck a deer.
* Jan. 18, 8:15 a.m.: Kaylin S. Yon, 17, Greencastle, was backing out of a parking space in the South Putnam High School parking lot in a 2000 Ford Taurus. She did not see the northbound 1996 Pontiac Bonneville driven by Jorge L. Cavell, 17, Greencastle, and backed into it.
* Jan. 18, 4:28 p.m.: Faith S. Fenner, 65, Terre Haute, was eastbound on I-70 near the 30-mile marker in a 2004 Dodge. Her rear tire blew out, causing her to lose control and leave the roadway on the south side, striking some small trees.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
Putnam County Jail
Jose Arriaga-Valdes, 39, Indianapolis: Nonsupport of a dependent, Jan. 19, 1:39 a.m.
Joanna Michelle Britton, 36, Indianapolis: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, Jan. 15, 10 p.m.
Aaryn Daniel Curtis, 18, Danville: Theft, Jan. 16, 2:45 p.m.
Carolyn Sue Hammond, 66, Reelsville: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 15, 1:12 a.m.
Michael Kent Hanlon, 48, no city listed: Habitual traffic violator, operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, Jan. 15, 5:17 a.m.
William Johansen, 45, Danville: Probation violation, Jan. 18, 10:11 a.m.
David Andrew Johnson, 41, Greencastle: Probation violation, Jan. 14, 4:35 p.m.
David Houston Kean, 21, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 16, 3:25 a.m.
David Walter Kirkpatrick, 49, Royal Oak, Mich.: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 14, 11:06 p.m.
Rudy Aealbtro, 28, Omaha, Neb.: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, Jan. 15, 6:49 a.m.
Mandy Dawn Mundy, 33, Greencastle: Battery, Jan. 19, 11:55 a.m.
Philip Matthew Reed, 31, Cloverdale: Battery, Jan. 15, 9:45 p.m.
Heather Brook Stewart-Lane, 32, New Market: Theft, Jan. 15, 4 p.m.
Roy Leslie Street, 24, Indianapolis: Probation violation, Jan. 18, 1:47 a.m.
Thomas Andrew Venable, 26, Greencastle: Theft, Jan. 15, 11:40 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.