Cloverdale music students perform
From Banner Graphic staff reports
CLOVERDALE -- The Instrumental Music Department at Cloverdale School Corp. has many performance opportunities for the talented, hardworking students involved with the program.
Performances for January and February included the following:
* Indiana State School Music Association Solo and Ensemble Contest held at Terre Haute North High School on Jan. 29.
Cloverdale Middle School and High School sent over 100 participants in 40 individual or group events.
* The Cloverdale Pep Band performed at home basketball games on Feb. 22 and 24.
* The Jazz Combo will be performing at upcoming school concerts and competing at the ISSMA Jazz Festival on March 4 at Terre Haute South.
* Cloverdale's Winter Drumline is performing an original composition by instructor Johnny McGinnis titled "The Music of Easter Island."
The unit, which was an Indiana Percussion Association State Finalist from 2010, performed at Decatur Central on Feb. 12 where they placed fifth out of 22 units in Movement Class AA.
Upcoming contest for the ensemble include: today at Pendleton; Owen Valley March 5 and Avon on March 12.
State Finals are March 19 at Ben Davis.
* Kyle Manion and Taulbee Jackson represented Cloverdale schools at the Indiana State Music Conference as auditioned members of the Indiana Bandmasters Junior State Band.
They performed with 100 students from around the state.
Instructors for the various groups include William Cole, band director, and Johnny McGinnis, drumline.