Police scanner for Nov. 16
A number of people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 2:05 p.m. Thomas Lee Ratliff, 52, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail as a habitual traffic violator.
At 3:40 p.m. Anna Marie Williams, 52, Gosport, was booked for theft, resisting law enforcement, possession of a schedule drug and disorderly conduct.
At 5:15 p.m. Justin Bradley Homler, 38, Greencastle, was arrested for failure to appear.
* On Friday, Nov. 11 at 12:05 a.m. Jennifer Ileen Pena, 23, Greencastle, was charged with battery on law enforcement, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace and public intoxication.
At 2:02 a.m. Derrick Mathew McGaughey, 24, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for operating while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident.
* On Saturday, Nov. 12 at 1:50 a.m. H. Agnes Wright, 49, Fillmore, was booked for operating while intoxicated.
At 2 a.m. Dale Kortesmaki, 44, Greencastle, was arrested for battery and probation violation.
At 3:30 a.m. Garry Thomas Howell, 21, Morgantown, W.V., was charged with operating while intoxicated.
At 12:30 p.m. Scott Aaron Meyer, 22, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for public intoxication.
At 1:05 p.m. Bartholomew W. Freibert, 20, Greencastle, was booked for public intoxication.
At 1:25 p.m. Stephen Mitchell Mackay, 21, Carmel, was arrested for public intoxication and indecent exposure.
At 3:56 p.m. Emily Elizabeth Mennel, 21, Greencastle, was charged with public intoxication and resisting law enforcement.
At 11:40 p.m. Jeffery Allen Mattox II, 24, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* On Sunday, Nov. 13 at 12:25 p.m. Paige Elese Hadley, 26, Edinburgh, was booked for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and being a habitual traffic violator.
At 2:25 a.m. Quinton Edward White, 21, Indianapolis, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
At 4:20 a.m. Daniel Lucas Kelly, 25, Bainbridge, was charged with operating while intoxicated.
At 4:45 a.m. James Todd Miller, 22, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 11:03 p.m. Kristopher Adam Fish, 26, Bedford, was booked for operating while intoxicated.
* On Monday, Nov. 14 at 3:38 p.m. Cassandra Lee Boyd, 26, Clayton, was arrested for probation violation.
At 9:15 p.m. Timothy Scott Wardlow, 46, Greencastle, was charged with public intoxication.
At 10:58 p.m. Jacob Kenneth Nees, 29, Reelsville, was housed at the jail for domestic battery, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace and probation violation.
* On Thursday, Nov. 3 at 8 a.m. Matthew S. Pennington, 25, Plainfield, was on State Road 240 in 2011 Ford Ranger when he hit a deer.
* On Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 4:15 p.m. Bryan R. Hassler, 34, Greencastle, was westbound on State Road 240 in a 2001 Chevrolet Prizm when it left the roadway, struck a utility pole and rolled onto its top.
Hassler said he did not know what happened and thinks he blacked out before the crash. He was transported to Putnam County Hospital for observation.
A witness said she saw Hassler's vehicle weaving back and forth for several miles, crossing the centerline several times.
* On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 7:54 a.m. Harold R. Alcorn, 58, Bainbridge, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado and stopped for a cow in the road. Josie K. Anglin, 23, Roachdale, was following in a 2011 Honda Accord and could not stop in time.
Anglin hit Alcorn's vehicle in the rear bumper and slid to the right into a culvert.
* At 9:35 p.m. David B. Duncan, 64, Rockville, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2005 Honda Pilot. He said he tried to avoid an object in the road when he lost control and left the north side of the road.
The SUV went over a ditch and came to rest in the yard at 5818 West U.S. 36.
Passenger Melaine B. Duncan, Rockville, was treated for back pain.
* On Friday, Nov. 11 at James W. Osterhoudt, 52, Fillmore, was northbound on U.S. 231 just north of State Road 236 in a 2005 Ford Ranger.
He said he lost control when he crossed a bridge covered with ice, hitting a guardrail head on.
Deputy T.J. Smith noted the Indiana State Highway Department was contacted at approximately 11:30 p.m. the night before to place salt on the bridge, but neglected to do so. As a result, there were several accidents at the location throughout the night.
* At 6:35 a.m. Gordon L. Hutchens, 58, Oolitic, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2000 Chevrolet Tracker when he lost control due to ice and hit a concrete abutment.
* On Saturday, Nov. 12 at 3:31 p.m. Robert C. Klee, 22, Indianapolis, was eastbound on U.S. 40 in a 2000 Landrover Discovery. He said he was getting sleepy and rolled down his window.
He said he must have still fallen asleep and woke up, noticing he was going into the median. He overcorrected and left the south side of the road, rolling several times and coming to rest in a cornfield.
Klee said his mother would take him to the hospital.
* At 6:11 p.m. Vernon Bell Jr., 44, Roachdale, was northbound on County Road 550 East just north of County Road 50 South in a 2003 Chevrolet pickup when he hit a deer.
* At 10:32 p.m. Daniel Hendry, 27, Avon, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2009 Chevrolet ambulance registered to Operation Life Putnam County. He was running emergent to Putnam County Hospital when he hit a deer.
* On Sunday, Nov. 13 at 12:17 a.m. Vickey Ewing, 51, Cloverdale, was northbound on Lincoln Street in Cloverdale in a 2007 Dodge CXT when she hit a deer.
* On Monday, Nov. 14 at 12:12 p.m. Dwight D. Lane, 63, Delphi, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 1998 Ford Ranger when he ran the red light at the U.S. 36 intersection. As a result, Lane's truck hit the driver's side door of the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado driven westbound by Terry J. Cody, 55, Indianapolis.
Both drivers were treated by EMS personnel, with Lane complaining of chest pain.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.