Police scanner for Nov. 30
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 10:15 a.m. Christopher Paul Stapert, 24, Brazil, was held at the jail for probation violation.
At 12:05 p.m. Justin Jay Flatt, 19, Indianapolis, was booked for burglary and theft.
At 9:31 p.m. Levi Wade Runnells, 21, Greencastle, was charged with theft and probation violation.
At 10:36 p.m. Gregory Lee Wells, 49, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* On Thursday, Nov. 24 at 1:34 a.m. Raymond Allen Trent, 54, Greencastle, was booked for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:31 a.m. Griffin Warner Moore, 21, Greencastle, was arrested for public intoxication and disorderly conduct disturbing the peace.
At 4:04 a.m. Christopher M. Farrell, 18, Poland, was held at the jail for possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia.
At 2:29 p.m. Julie Deanna Jordan, 23, Greenwood, was charged with probation violation.
* On Friday, Nov. 25 at 11:26 p.m. Tonya Marie Benassi, 38, Fillmore, housed at the jail for probation violation.
* On Saturday, Nov. 26 at 8:42 p.m. Ashley Heather Wagner, 26, Greencastle, was arrested for failure to appear in court.
* On Monday, Nov. 21 at 7:31 a.m. David A. Lane, 16, Poland, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2000 Ford Taurus when he lost control of his vehicle. He hit a 2005 Pontiac Vibe driven southbound by Carrie Cormican Pikens.
Pikens said she pulled into the turn lane and was hit by Lane's vehicle. She complained of neck pain.
* On Saturday, Nov. 26 at 9:50 a.m. Marcia J. Gregory, 85, Reelsville, was stopped in the exit of a public parking lot on the west side of U.S. 231 just north of U.S. 40 in a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage.
As she was waiting for traffic to clear for a left turn into the northbound lane, a large RV pulling a trailer stopped and motioned for her to turn into northbound traffic.
When Gregory attempted to go north she collided head on with the 1999 Volkswagen Passat driven by Robert P. Irwin, 68, Greencastle.
Irwin was southbound in the left turn lane to turn onto U.S. 40. Gregory said her view was obstructed by the RV and she did not see Irwin's car. The RV driver had left the scene when officers arrived, but both involved drivers gave the same account of the accident.
Gregory was taken to Putnam County Hospital with chest and neck pain. Irwin was taken to Putnam County Hospital to have a shoulder checked on which he recently had surgery.
* On Sunday, Nov. 27 at 7:27 p.m. Adam E. Weaver, 20, Shelbyville, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 1996 Honda Accord when traffic began to slow and pull over for an oncoming emergency vehicle.
Weaver said his car began to hydroplane, causing him to rear end the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe driven by Trina M. Manalo, 19, Fort Wayne.
* At 10:10 p.m. Paul J. Sanders, 21, Greencastle, was eastbound on County Road 75 West in a 2002 Hyundai Sonata when he lost control of his vehicle. The temperature had dropped suddenly and roads became very slick.
Sanders tried to maneuver a 90-degree turn and slid off the road, hitting a tree.
* At 10:30 p.m. Rosemary Reeb, 20, St. Louis, was on State Road 42 in a 1999 Ford van. She came around a curve and lost control of her vehicle due to the wet road.
Her vehicle left the road and got stuck on a stump.
* At 10:51 p.m. Courtney M. Johnson, 23, Angola, was eastbound on County Road 525 North in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee when she failed to negotiate a 90-degree turn.
The vehicle slid across a driveway entrance, striking a large rock with the right front tire. It continued approximately 100 feet through the yard before stopping.