Fair queen contestants sought for 2012 contest
Candidates are now being sought for 2012 Putnam County Fair queen.
The 2012 Putnam County Queen Contest will be staged Saturday, July 14 at the Putnam County Fairgrounds.
Applications must be submitted by June 1.
The contest will begin at 7 p.m. Admission to the event is $3 per person.
The 2012 Fair Queen Committee is composed of Renee Marsteller, Natalie Pritchard, Beth Flint, Jenney Taylor, Raymond McCloud, Jody Parmley, Jennifer Porter and Kelly Hilburn.
Contestants must meet the following qualifications in order to compete for the fair queen title:
1. Each contestant must be at least 16 years of age and cannot have had her 21st birthday as of the Aug. 19, 2012 Indiana State Fair Queen Pageant.
2. Contestants must be unmarried and must never have been married.
3. A contestant must be a Putnam County resident and represent Putnam County in the State Fair Queen Pageant. The only exception would be that she may reside in an adjacent county if she is a 4-H member in Putnam County.
4. Each contestant must be an active member of at least one worthwhile organization in her community, i.e. church group, Girl Scouts, 4-H, etc. and must have completed five years of 4-H.
5. Contestants cannot have had a child or knowingly be pregnant at the time of the Putnam Fair Queen Pageant or the State Fair Pageant.
6. Contestants cannot have any visible tattoos or piercings (other than pierced ears) during the competition or while representing the Putnam County Fair.
7. No professional model is eligible for the State Fair contest. (A professional model is one who earns her livelihood by modeling. A girl who works for a high school or college fashion board is not considered a professional model.)
8. The night of the contest, July 14, each contestant must appear in two categories -- professional wear and formal wear.
9. Each contestant must attend and participate in the personal interview portion of the contest and dinner with the judges.
10. Contestants must participate in pre-contest training sessions in June and July. The first meeting will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 6 in the basement of the First National Bank building in Greencastle. Parents may attend the first practice and are invited to do so, however, all other practices are closed. Practices are mandatory. No missed meetings will be allowed unless approved by the committee.
11. The fair queen will be selected from all contestants on the basis of beauty, poise and personality, which will be determined in both preliminary personal judging and the public contest on July 14. The contestants will vote to decide Miss Congeniality.
12. The winner must represent Putnam County in the Miss Indiana State Fair contest or forfeit her title and prizes to the first runner-up.