Golf outing kicks off S. Putnam Quarterback Club activities
The South Putnam Quarterback Club and the Eagle football team will be sponsoring a number of fundraising and community outreach events throughout the summer, kicking off with the June 24 Quarterback Club golf outing.
Registration for the scramble will run from 9-10:30 a.m. with an 11 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $200 per team and includes the cart.
Contests at the outing include a hole-in-one sponsored by York Automotive, longest putt sponsored by Dixie Chopper, longest drive sponsored by McCammon Insurance and closest to pin sponsored by HOP.
Teams will receive a gift bag full of goodies along with a free lunch.
Bring a canned food item and receive a free drink.
The Quarterback Club is accepting teams until June 15. Contact Jack Smith at (317) 445-3362
Other upcoming events include:
* July 10: Blood drive in the South Putnam High School commons, 2-7 pm
* July 16: Strongman contest behind the school at 6 p.m. South Putnam football players will compete against each other. Concessions will be available.
* July 22, 27, 28: The SP Quarterback Club will sell concessions at the ATV, Truck, and Tractor pulls at the Fair.
* Aug. 9: Football Kick Off Pitch In Dinner at the high school, 6:30 p.m. All football players K-12, cheerleaders, family members and SPHS football fans are invited to celebrate the beginning of the 2012 football season.
* Aug. 10: Scrimmage at South Putnam vs. Indianapolis Lutheran.
The team is also inviting fans to bring non-perishable food items to all summer events and all home games. These items will be donated to local food shelters.