Scanner for Jan. 3, 2013
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Dec. 28 at 3:30 p.m. Harold Brock Pollett, 37, Greencastle, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 3:30 p.m. Gerald Lee Alley Jr., 28, New Market, was housed at the jail for failure to comply.
At 10:45 p.m. Jacob Neal Skinner, 30, Greencastle, was charged with probation violation.
* On Saturday, Dec. 29 at 9:38 p.m. Ileen Marie Gomez, 24, Cloverdale, was held at the jail for trespassing.
* On Sunday, Dec. 30 at 1:30 a.m. Gary Lee Means, 41, Cloverdale, was booked in for operating while intoxicated and resisting law enforcement.
* On Monday, Dec. 31 at 11 a.m. Russell Davis, 21, Terre Haute, was arrested for failure to appear.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 1 at 12:15 a.m. Timothy Robert Rivers, 47, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for public intoxication, invasion of privacy and disorderly conduct.
At 1:50 a.m. Jessica Nicole Binion, 27, and Tyler Shane Binion, 34, both of Greencastle, were booked in for domestic battery.
Putnam County Sheriff's deputies have worked a number of accidents caused by recent winter weather conditions.
* On Saturday, Dec. 29 at 1:01 p.m. Carl S. Stangle, 30, Brazil, was northbound on Manhattan Road in a 2000 Ford F150 when he lost control on the slick road.
As Stangle approached a right turn, he could not keep the truck in his lane, crossing into the southbound lane, where it hit the driver's side of the 1998 GMC van driven by Michael D. Wallace, 47, Poland.
The impact pushed Wallace's van into a yard, where it got stuck in the snow.
Deputy Josh Boller estimated damages at $1,001-$2,500.
* On Sunday, Dec. 30 at 10:50 a.m. Allison D. Deaner, 26, was stopped southbound on U.S. 231 at County Road 900 South in a 2012 Toyota RAV4.
Shelby J. Suitors, 19, Crawfordsville, was also southbound approaching the light in a 1996 Plymouth Breeze. She told deputy Jon Chadd she applied her brakes, but her car began to slide, rear-ending Deaner's vehicle.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* At 2:51 p.m. Jamaica L. Rees, 19, Greencastle, was eastbound on County Road 500 North when she lost control of her 2006 Pontiac Torrent going downhill.
The vehicle skidded into a guardrail at the end of a bridge and overturned. Rees had to be cut out of her seatbelt but sustained no serious injuries.
Deputy Boller estimated damages at $2,501-$5,000.
* On Monday, Dec. 31 at 8:14 p.m. Nicholas W. Rouse, 24, Cloverdale, was northbound on County Road 500 East in a 2006 Dodge Ram. He advised a southbound vehicle ran him off the road.
The truck left the east side of the road and ran through the ditch, hitting a fence owned by Putnam Park Road Course.
Deputy Mike Downing estimated damages at $2,501-$5,000.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 1 at 10:24 a.m. Gordon T. Serach Jr., 22, Worthington, was northbound on County Road 500 West from County Road 900 South in a 1997 Ford Ranger when he lost control on the icy road in a turn.
Serach's truck hit a utility pole, causing the pole to break.
Deputy Ronnie Campbell estimated damages at $2,501-$5,000.
* At 3:29 p.m. James T. Miller, 23, Greencastle, was northbound on Doc Jones Road in a 2009 Dodge Caliber when for unknown reasons he crossed the centerline, colliding head on with the 2003 Ford F150 driven southbound by Douglas K. Danhour, 46, Greencastle.
No injuries were reported.
Deputy Campbell estimated damages at $5,001-$10,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.