Scanner for March 16
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 12:25 a.m. Thursday, Bruce Edward Schwomeyer, 56, Cloverdale, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:50 p.m. Amy Letrice Murphy, 29, Roachdale, was held at the jail for possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and probation violation.
* At 1 a.m. Friday, Brett Michael Stamper, 22, Greencastle, was charged with operating while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a traffic accident.
One arrest was reported Thursday morning by Greencastle City Police officers.
Robert Wade Sims, 24, Fillmore, was arrested by Officer Kyle Lee at 9:40 a.m. Thursday after being stopped at State Road 240 and Capital Drive.
Sims was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on a charge of driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
He was also held on a Clay County warrant for petition to revoke and multiple Putnam County warrants, relative to cases involving battery with bodily injury, disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana.
One traffic citation was issued Thursday afternoon by Officer Lee.
-- At 4 p.m., Brian A. Bartley, 32, Greencastle, was ticketed at State Road 240 and Calbert Way for having a false or fictitious registration.
At 6:45 a.m. on Thursday, Ronda Bixler, 50, Ladoga, was southbound on U.S. 231 at County Road 900 North in a 1997 Ford Econoline E150 van when she hit a deer.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* At 8:29 p.m. Tuesday, GFD investigated an alarm due to cooking at 330 Greenwood Ave., returning to station at 8:54 p.m.
At 9:22 p.m. firefighters responded to a call of an arcing fuse box at 1011 Avenue F. Responders shut off several breakers and cleared the scene at 10:19 p.m.
* At 6:58 p.m. Thursday, crews investigated a smoke scare at 1913 Windemere Dr. Investigation revealed a heat pump problem. They cleared the scene at 7:21 p.m.
At 9:45 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm due to cooking at 420 Anderson St. They returned to station at 9:59 p.m.
* At 10:56 a.m. Friday, firefighters were called to an alarm at 309 Medic Way. It had already been reset when they arrive. GFD cleared the scene at 11:06 a.m.
At 1:06 p.m. responders investigated an alarm due to cooking at 109 W. Hanna St., returning to station at 1:16 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.