Scanner for April 18
Four people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Tuesday.
* At 1:30 p.m. Allen Wayne Buis, 36, Spencer, was arrested for violation of home detention.
* At 1:40 p.m. Brandon Matthew Springate, 34, Indianapolis, was charged with contempt of court.
* At 5:20 p.m. Sigmund Augustus Croan, 20, Greencastle, was held at the jail for possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and probation violation.
* At 10:33 p.m. Donald Ray Evans, 30, Greencastle, was booked in for domestic battery and disorderly conduct disturbing the peace.
Greencastle City Police reported one recent traffic accident.
-- At 5:18 p.m. Tuesday, a two-vehicle mishap was reported at Washington and Locust streets.
Capt. Mike Hanlon noted that Christopher Cain, 22, Indianapolis, was westbound on Washington Street, driving a 1999 Dodge Dakota, when he stopped to turn left onto Locust Street.
Dawn Query, 44, Greencastle, had stopped her 2005 Saturn on Locust to turn left onto Washington. She did not see the Cain vehicle and turn into Cain's path, resulting in the turning vehicles colliding.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
Four recent traffic citations were issued by city officers.
-- At 12:17 a.m. Sunday, Emily Smith, 22, Fort Wayne, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham for 51 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street.
-- At 12:03 p.m. Saturday, Jeffrey Reberger, 57, Reelsville, was cited on Indianapolis Road by Officer Albert Epple for improper passing on the right.
-- At 5:20 a.m. Saturday, Brandie Sitton, 33, Cloverdale, was stopped at Bloomington Street and Veterans Highway and ticketed by Officer Eastham for an expired license plate (October 2012).
-- At 5:50 p.m. Friday, Cheryl Crawley, 58, Greencastle, was ticketed on Bloomington Street near Hanna Street by Officer Matt Huffman for an expired license plate.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* At 5:22 p.m. Friday, GFD was dispatched to a two-vehicle crash at U.S. 231 and Edgelea Drive. They performed spill cleanup and returned to station at 6:04 p.m.
* At 12:19 a.m. Saturday, firefighters investigated an alarm at 413 S. Locust St. They reset the malfunctioning alarm and returned to station at 12:39 a.m.
At 8:16 a.m. crews investigated an alarm at 420 Anderson St. They found it was due to cooking and cleared the scene at 8:29 a.m.
At 12:01 p.m. GFD performed an odor investigation at 108 S. Bloomington St. The residents believed the smelled smoke, but nothing was found. They cleared the scene at 12:32 p.m.
At 1:33 p.m. firefighters responded to an alarm at 508 S. Jackson St. Investigation revealed it was caused by cooking. They returned to station at 1:42 p.m.
* At 6:02 a.m. Sunday, crews performed a service call at 1216 S. Bloomington St., Lot 50. Residents had a problem with water not shutting off. Firefighters assisted with the problem and cleared the scene at 6:34 a.m.
At 11:59 a.m. fire personnel investigated an alarm at 330 Greenwood Ave. They found it was due to cooking and returned to station at 12:15 p.m.
At 7:27 p.m. GFD investigated another alarm caused by cooking at 410 S. Indiana St. They cleared the scene at 7:36 p.m.
At 9:30 p.m. firefighters responded to a calls of lines down at 15 Beveridge St. A semi had taken down what turned out to be communication lines. Crews cleared the lines from the roadway and returned to station at 9:54 p.m.
* At 7:25 a.m. Monday, personnel were called to a vehicle fire at 1306 S. Bloomington St. A fuse had overheated in a vehicle, caught fire and was out upon firefighters' arrival. They returned to station at 7:39 a.m.
* At 7:28 a.m. Tuesday, GFD investigated a possible lightning strike at the Prindle Institute at 2861 W. CR 225 South. Crews returned to station 7:44 a.m.
At 2:40 p.m. firefighters investigated smoke at the ATO house, 504 E. Seminary St. The problem was found to be from a washing machine. They returned to station at 2:57 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.