Scanner for May 10
A number of people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 10:25 a.m. Wednesday, Alice J. Jennings, 42, Roachdale, was arrested for probation violation.
At 10:45 a.m. Robert Jonathen Price II, 34, Terre Haute, was charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance and probation violation.
At 11:50 a.m. Harold Dean Doane, 52, Greencastle, was held at the jail for probation violation.
At 1:30 p.m. Derrick Allen Burchett, 35, Greencastle, was booked in for nonsupport of a dependent and probation violation.
At 9:31 p.m. Jessica Marie Phares, 39, Greencastle, was arrested for theft and probation violation.
* At 3:30 a.m. Thursday, Gregory Shandor Devonshire, 20, Lake Forest, Ill., was charged with public intoxication and obstruction of justice.
* At 7:56 p.m. Monday, Elliot Kleinman, 62, Indianapolis, was backing up to see around another vehicle at the Cloverdale McDonald's in a 2010 Volkswagen Jetta.
As she did so, she did not see the parked 2011 Chevrolet Camaro owned by Lori L. Duncan, Cloverdale, and backed into the right rear quarter panel.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* At 6 a.m. Wednesday, Trisa VanHorn, 43, Greencastle, was southbound on Manhattan Road just south of County Road 300 South in a 2002 Toyota Tundra when she hit a deer.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to three recent dispatches.
* At 11:19 a.m. Wednesday, GFD was called to a medical assist at 77 Wood St., returning to station at 11:51 a.m.
At 5:29 p.m. firefighters investigated an alarm at 106 S. Spring St., clearing the scene at 5:46 p.m.
* At 2:27 a.m. Thursday, crews investigated an alarm at 110 E. Larabee St. They returned to station at 3:33 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.