Scanner for June 28
Two people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Wednesday.
* At 10:40 a.m. Keith Ryan Harkness, 35, Greencastle, was charged with a probation violation.
* At 1:35 p.m. Brian Steven Doane, 31, Indianapolis, was charged with operating while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.
* At 2:34 p.m. on Wednesday, Carl E. Lewis, 64, Indianapolis, was stopped on U.S. 231 North in a 2008 Ford Econoline E150, waiting to turn left when Chanelle M. Wallace, 30, Cloverdale, couldn't stop and struck Lewis in the rear.
Wallace advised Sgt. Craig Sibbitt that the brakes in her 2001 Mercury Villager failed and she couldn't avoid the crash.
Wallace was also cited for operating without financial responsibility.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-5,000.
* At 12:34 p.m. on Saturday, Tessa N. Cox, 18, Fillmore, stated that she didn't notice Bryan R. Blackmore, 36, Oakland, Calif., stopped in traffic.
Cox hit Blackmore's 2013 Thor Ace motor home, which was towing another vehicle, with her 1999 Ford Escort causing damage to the bumper and tow hitch.
Blackmore stated to Capt. Danny Wallace that he was stopped at the intersection for a red light and was hit in the rear.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
Greencastle police responded to a pair of recent accidents.
* At 6:01 p.m. on Thursday, June 20, a two-vehicle accident occurred on Indianapolis Road just east of Fifth Street.
Justina Eakle, 25, Coatesville, was exiting the Pizza Hut parking lot in a 2004 Buick Regal. She said she could not see due to foliage in front of the restaurant.
She then pulled into traffic, into the path of Abigail Speedy, 18, Cloverdale, who was eastbound in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am. She advised Officer Ed Wilson she was unable to avoid the collision.
Wilson noted that there were shrubs near the road that could have obstructed Eakle's view.
Officer Darrel Bunten also responded to the crash.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
* At 7:37 p.m. on Monday, a Greencastle man was thrown from his motorcycle near the intersection of Washington and Durham streets.
Brandon Query, 26, was eastbound on Washington Street on a 2003 Honda Shadow when a car in front of him stopped to turn north on Durham.
Query advised he tried to stop but the rear wheel locked up, causing him to slide. As he slid, the right peg caught on the curb, ejecting him from the bike.
He slid approximately 50 feet, hitting his head and suffering road rash and a possible broken ankle.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
GPD also issued the following tickets:
* At 11:05 a.m. Friday, Brian Wagner, 28, Evansville, was cited by Officer Albert Epple on Bloomington Street for traveling 45 mph in a 30 mph zone.
* At 8:40 p.m. Friday, Wally Knight Jr., 60, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham on Bloomington Street for 52 mph in a 30.
* At 9:15 p.m. Friday, Rebecca Miller, 24, Avon, was cited by Eastham for on Bloomington Street for 50 mph in a 30.
* At 12:15 a.m. Saturday, Dakota Guiffree, 17, Indianpolis, was cited by Eastham on Bloomington Street for a probationary license violation.
* At 6:02 p.m. on Sunday, Alexandria McHugh, 19, Coatesville, was ticketed by Eastham on County Road 725 East for traveling 68 mph in a 45.
* At 11:11 a.m. on Wednesday, William C. Phillips, 36, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Jeff Modlin on Veterans Highway for expired plates. The tags had expired in September 2012.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.