Celebrate 4 events at Robe-Ann Park
Thursday, July 4
* Pancakes for Parks and Pathways all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast, Shelter No. 1, $5, 7-11 a.m. Children 7 years and younger are free.
The CountryMark station on Bloomington Street has donated 500 coupons for $5 each for the first 500 paying customers of the breakfast. The coupons expire at midnight on July 4.
* 22nd annual Mike Rokicki Memorial 5K Road Run (Registration 7-8 a.m. with run at 8 a.m.) Cost is $20 per person, with registration at Shelter No. 5.
* Free Zumba by Dance Workshop with instructor Lita Sandy, Bob Flanigan Bandshell, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
* 10th annual youth Firecracker Fun Run, 9:15 a.m., following the 5K. Free.
* Softball tournament, Wednesday through Thursday. Cost of $140 per team.
* Dog fashion show at park maintenance building. Registration is $10 and begins at 9:30 a.m. contest begins at 10 a.m.
* Pinewood Derby at Shelter No. 2. Cub Scouts, $3; Kit, $5 additional; Open class, $5. Cub Scout contest is set for 1 p.m., followed by youth and open class competitions. The Pinewood Derby Car Show for antique, vintage and late model cars will follow the races.
* Free open swim at the Greencastle Aquatic Center, noon-5 p.m., featuring open swim, contests and games.
* Corn Hole tournament registration and open play at noon, followed by the tournament at 1 p.m. Registration is $10 for individuals and $20 per team.
* The food court will be open from noon through 10 p.m.
* The Bandshell will feature free entertainment throughout the afternoon and evening featuring a variety of bands.
- 1 p.m. Mongrel Dogs
- 2:15 p.m Wanted on Fire
- 3:15 p.m. Redzilla
- 5:15 p.m. Anthony Mullis
- 6:30 p.m. Reading of the Declaration of Independence
- 7 p.m. Wing Nuts
- 8:15 p.m. Phillip Stevens & the Open Road
* Hot dog eating contest at the Bob Flanigan Bandshell at 4 p.m. for a cost of $40 per team.
* Big Bounce Fun House inflatable in the Shelter No. 5 area, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Tickets are $1 and $5.
* At dusk, the annual Fourth of July fireworks show by Sky Magic will begin. Music provided by 94.3 FM WREB during the Fireworks show.