Late night fire

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A number of local fire crews responded to a late-night fire at Apple Blossom Estates on Thursday evening. Crews were dispatched to a home located at 138 Stayman Ct. at 9:31 p.m. and arrived to heavy smoke coming from a bedroom window. More than 5,000 gallons were used to extinguish the blaze, which was started due to an electrical overload in the master bathroom. Although the blaze was confined to the back of the home, the house was labeled a total loss. The owners were not home when the fire started, but arrived on the scene shortly after crews. Red Cross is currently assisting the family. Assisting at the scene was Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department, Madison Township Volunteer Fire Department, Greencastle Fire Department, Cloverdale Volunteer Fire Department, Poland Volunteer Fire Department and the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: