Scanner for June 27
Two people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday, Willie Duncan Jr., 50, Indianapolis, was charged with nonsupport of a dependent and contempt of court.
* At 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Ashley Michelle Lynn Albers, 31, Howey-in-the-Hills, Fla., was arrested for operating while intoxicated and possession of marijuana.
Two recent minor accidents were investigated by Greencastle City Police officers.
* At 8:40 a.m. Monday, a two-vehicle accident was reported at South Jackson and West Walnut streets.
Officer Darrel Bunten noted that a 2000 Kenworth tri-axle dump truck, driven by Wesley Cross, 20, Fillmore, and owned by J.S. McCullough Excavating, Bainbridge, was stopped eastbound on Walnut, preparing to turn left onto Jackson Street.
As Cross took his foot off the clutch to pull forward, the truck reportedly rolled backward into a 2003 Chevrolet Impala driven by Leigh Carrington, 51, Greencastle, who was eastbound on Walnut behind the tri-axle, Bunten said.
The hood and grille of the Impala were damaged in the mishap. Total damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
* At 3:56 p.m. June 18, a two-vehicle mishap was reported in the McDonald's drive-through lane.
A 2000 Chrysler Town and Country van, driven by Robert Johnson, 31, Greencastle, and a 2009 Dodge Ram truck, driven by Patrick Hartman, 52, Para-gon, were involved in a collision in the restaurant lot.
The drivers gave conflicting stories about which vehicle may have gone forward or backward before the collision, police noted.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
Three recent traffic citations were issued by City Police officers.
* At 4:02 a.m. Thursday, Brittany Harlan, 26, Rockville, was ticketed for speeding by Reserve Officer David Clodfelter. Stopped on Indianapolis Road, she was cited for 42 mph in a 30-mph zone.
* At 9:50 p.m. Saturday, Kayla Atwell, 18, Greencastle, was stopped by Officer Nick Eastham at Bloomington and Washington streets, where she was ticketed for being an operator never licensed.
* At 11:45 p.m. June 20, Tyler Evans, 24, Indianapolis, was ticketed for speeding by Officer Eastham. Evans was stopped on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street, for 55 mph in a 30-mph zone.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to one dispatch and six medical assists this week.
* At 1:47 p.m. on Thursday, June 26, GFD was called to 404 Judson Dr. to investigate a natural gas leak. Upon arrival GFD blocked off surrounding roads and checked nearby buildings for signs of gas. GFD stayed at the scene until Vectren Energy arrived.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listen in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.