Scanner for Aug. 15
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
*At 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday, Brian Christopher Faletic, 36, Cloverdale, was arrested for contempt of court.
At 1:50 p.m., Joshua James Wright, 24, Greencastle, was arrested for sexual misconduct with a minor.
At 3:15 p.m., Timothy Stephen McCullough, 28, Terre Haute, was charged with a probation violation and operating while intoxicated.
At 6:18 p.m., Nicholas Lee Boswell, 22, Greencastle, was charged with a probation violation.
At 8:16 p.m., Timothy Lee Miller, 44, Greencastle, was arrested with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
*At 10:15 a.m. on Wednesday, Derek Franklin Vaughn, 26, Washington, was charged with a probation violation and alteranation of handgun idenity marks.
Three recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
* At 1:46 a.m. Wednesday, Officer Matt Huffman made a pair of shoplifting arrests at the Greencastle Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
Arrested in connection with the thefts were:
* Michael Anvoots, 26, Greencastle, arrested for theft and probation violation.
* Phillip Wright, 28, Greencastle, arrested for theft and possession of a syringe.
Anvoots allegedly took $99.26 worth of merchandise, incuding a toy truck, pacifier, two "Sherlock" DVDs and an HDMI televison cable.
Wright reportedly took $90.85 worth of items, including a pair of socks, USB cord and a media streaming device.
Officer Huffman said Wright attempted to conceal the electronics items in the men's socks.
Both men were lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
* At 9:13 a.m. Wednesday, city officers arrested Franklin Boehm Jr., 41, Greencastle, at an Avenue D residence.
Arrested on a warrant for theft and nonsupport of dependent, Boehm was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
During his arrest, he was reportedly found to be in possession of a syringe and methamphetamine, incurring additional charges for those violations, as well as a petition to revoke probation.
In another case investigated by City Police, Lindsey York, 20, Greencastle, is being summoned into court for allegedly being a minor in consumption of alcohol in an incident reported at 1:25 a.m. Monday at Castlebury Apartments.
York registered a portable breathylzer test blood-alcohol level of .113 percent, Officer Kyle Lee reported.
*At 12:31 p.m. on Monday, Jeffery A. Riley, 24, Indianapolis, was southbound on County Road 800 East when he failed to negotiate a sharp curve in the roadway.
Riley advised Lt. Dwight Simmons that his 1996 Dodge 2500, which was towing a trailer, slid through the curve before leaving the roadway.
The vehicle then struck a tree head-on, causing extensive damage to both the truck and trailer.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
*At 7:46 a.m. on Wednesday, William W. Knight Jr., 41, Cloverdale was northbound on U.S. 231, approaching the BP gas station in Cloverdale.
Knight told Cpl. Josh Boller that at the last second he made a right turn into the BP and lost control of his 2006 AMF (Harley) FLH Series, causing the bike to slide on its right side resulting in very damage to the lower right side.
Damage was estimated at less than $1,001.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to four medical assists and several dispatches recently.
* At 4:37 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 9, GFD responded to a semi jackknife accident on U.S. 231 at Waterworks Hill. No injuries were reported
* At 11:25 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 10, GFD was called to an unintentional fire alarm at 110 S. Indiana St. Upon arrival GFD reset the alarm.
* At 6:44 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, GFD was dispatched to 1032 N. Main St. in Cloverdale to assist the Cloverdale Fire Department with a semi-truck fire. The fire was extinguished and while on scene responded to a complaint of chest pains. The patient had inhaled large amounts of smoke and were administered oxygen before being transferred to Operation Life.
* At 10:20 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, GFD performed an odor investigation near the intersection of Bloomington and Washington streets related to a potential gas leak. GFD checked surrounding homes and found a dead spot of grass in front of the house at 503 E. Washington St. Using meters they determined the dead spot was the point of origin. GFD secured the scene and called the gas company.
* At 3:06 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13, GFD responded to a smoke alarm at Delta Tau Delta, 1 Taylor Place. The fraternity house alarm had been triggered due to drywall dust from construction. GFD reset the alarm.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.