Roachdale council talks ribs, blues and parks
ROACHDALE -- The Town of Roachdale approved staff changes, a park advisory board as well as a rib and blues event at its monthly meeting.
The board approved the hiring of Seth Campbell as the Waste Water Facilities Operator to replace Clint Anglin. Awaiting a certification requirement that will take place in the spring, Campbell will work under Greg Poole. Upon passing the certification he will become the new waste water facilities operator.
The board approved members of the park advisory board that will help to develop events and maintain the park in Roachdale.
Approved to become the first park advisory board members were Tammy Folck, Megan Rentfro and Kayla Mahoy.
Advisory board members will take their seats from now until January 2015, at which point seats will open again and set the pattern of one-year nominations that will then take place each January.
Individuals interested in getting involved with the advisory board may submit a letter of interest to the Roachdale Town Hall or at any of the town's monthly board meetings.
In a presentation by Joe Buser of the Roachdale Revitalization Cooperative Alliance, the board approved a rib and blues festival to take place Saturday, Oct. 4 from 4-11 p.m. on Railroad Street in Roachdale. The event will close down Railroad Street from Indiana Street to Meridian Street and is estimated to be used for foot traffic only from 6 a.m. to midnight.
In other business:
* The board approved to give Jason Woodall a $1.50-per-hour raise in response to his recent gas certification.
* The board approved purchasing a 1993 GMC truck at a cost of $3500 to use for the spreading of salt during the winter.
* The board approved a bid from Triangle Asphalt, valued at $82,200, to repave Indiana Street.
* The board approved a bid to Charlie Boller for $1,250 to provide property cleanup services to 302 E. Columbia St.
* The board approved a final property cleanup notice to the residence at 207 N. Meridian St.
* The board approved two separate tree-removal bids, one for the intersection of South Main Street and Grove Street and the other for 11 N. Meridian St., each removal will cost $500.
The town of Roachdale holds its monthly meetings at the Roachdale Town Hall on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m.
The next town meeting will be held Sept. 9, the public is
welcome to attend.