Scanner for 9-2-2014
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
*At 11:05 a.m. on Friday, James Jason Campbell, 35, Cloverdale, was arrested for violation of home detention and operating while intoxicated with a prior.
At 4 p.m. Daphne Delp-Glendy, 25, Indianapolis, was arrested on a probation violation.
*At 12:15 a.m. on Sunday, Carl Edward Beavers, 41, Martinsville, was charged with battery.
At 11:38 p.m., Brian Scott Tessereau, 40, Martinsville, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
*At 3:31 p.m. on Monday, James Ray Mullis II, 28, Coatesville, was arrested for battery resulting in bodily injury.
At 4:25 p.m. on Monday, David Gardner Gibson, 42, Fillmore, was charged with criminal mischief.
Two holiday weekend arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 4:40 a.m. Saturday, Zachary Allen, 20, Greencastle, was arrested at an Avenue C residence by Officer Matt Huffman.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Allen is facing charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime.
-- At 6:33 a.m. Sunday, Austin Sears, 21, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Huffman at an Apple Street residence.
Held on charges of battery and disorderly conduct, Sears was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Two one-vehicle accidents were investigated recently by city officers.
-- At 6:55 p.m. Friday, an accident was reported on State Road 240 East near Ballard Lane as Nacole Hilburn, 25, Greencastle, reportedly veered off the roadway while driving a 2000 Ford Excursion.
Hilburn told Officer Nick Eastham she apparently suffered a seizure, causing the vehicle to leave the roadway and travel 400 feet before coming to rest near a pedestrian crossing sign along the People Pathway.
Reportedly uninjured, Hilburn was nonetheless evaluated by Operation Life ambulance personnel, police said.
She was also cited for an infraction of driving with a suspended license and for operating a vehicle without financial responsibility.
-- At 5:48 p.m. Aug. 28, a one-vehicle accident was reported on Broadway near Maple Street in the city's South End.
Shelby Scott, 21, Greencastle, was eastbound on Broadway, driving a 1990 Toyota Camry, Officer Ed Wilson reported, when for an unknown reason the car left the roadway and struck a tree.
A witness reported that Scott was unconscious when he reached the accident scene. She reportedly struck her face and head on the windshield. Officer Wilson noted that the driver was not wearing a seatbelt.
The police report did not indicate whether or not Scott was transported to the hospital.
Scott was cited for operating a vehicle without proof of financial responsibility.
Four additional citations were written recently by GPD officers.
-- At 6:13 p.m. Saturday, Brittany Howard, 40, Brazil, was cited for an expired license plate (June 7).
Stopped at Franklin and North Jackson streets, she was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham.
-- At 1:05 a.m. Saturday, Dawn Leishman, 42, Greencastle, was ticketed for speeding on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street.
Stopped by Officer Eastham, she was cited for 51 mph in a 30-mph zone.
-- At 10:49 p.m. Friday, Trever Ehmen, 24, Greencastle, was cited for an expired license plate (April 21).
Stopped at Indianapolis Road and Calbert Way, he was ticketed by Officer Eastham.
-- At 1:48 p.m. Friday, Jeramy Mace, 35, Indianapolis, was ticketed for an expired license plate (July 21).
Cited by Reserve Officer Jes Seipel, Mace was stopped on Bloomington Street.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to multiple dispatches recently.
* At 8:44 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, GFD was called to 400 S. Illinois St. for a smoke scare. No fire was found in residence, smoke concern possibly due to an outside fire.
* At 11:12 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, GFD responded to fire alarm malfunction at 916 S. College Ave.
* At 6:12 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 31, GFD was dispatched to an unauthorized burn at 724 E. Seminary St. Upon arrival GFD extinguished the fire and informed residents of burn policy.
* At 6:42 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 31, GFD was called 106 N. Spring St. for a fire alarm that was determined to have been due to cooking.
* At 11 p.m. Monday, Sept. 1, GFD was dispatched to a fire alarm at 807 S. College Ave. Upon arrival, GFD found the alarm had been triggered due to a fire extinguisher being set off indoors.
* At 5:33 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 2, GFD responded to a downed power line on U.S. 231. The power line had fallen into the road after breaking in half, no fire had been ignited due to the incident.
* At 12:44 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 2, GFD was called to 620 S. Tennessee St. for an odor investigation. Upon arrival GFD found no odor, though residents claimed an electrical smell appeared after operating an appliance.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.