Scanner for 9-26
Three people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 11:35 a.m. Tuesday, Charles Edward Lemont, 28, Indianapolis, was arrested for violation of home detention and possession of a schedule drug.
* A 3:50 p.m. Tuesday, Tim Ray Wallace II., 29, Greencastle, was arrested on a probation violation.
* At 12 a.m. Wednesday, Sherri Ann Sanders, 41, Cloverdale, was charged with domestic battery.
One recent property-damage accident was investigated by Greencastle City Police officers.
* At 8:26 p.m. Tuesday, a two-car accident was reported at North Jackson and West Columbia streets, a block north of the square.
Ashley Novak, 21, Bainbridge, was northbound on Jackson Street, driving a 2006 Nissan Ultra, when police said a 1993 Buick Century, driven by Donald Etter, 75, Greencastle, pulled out of Columbia Street into her path and a collision occurred.
The drivers told differing stories about whether or not Novak's headlights were in use.
However, she demonstrated for Officer Nick Eastham that her lights automatically come on when she starts her car.
Officer Eastham estimated total damage at $1,000-$2,500.
Several recent traffic citations were issued by city officers.
* At 11:54 p.m. Tuesday, Rachel Miro, 18, Granger, was ticketed by Officer Eastham for speeding.
Stopped on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street, Miro was cited for 58 mph in a 30-mph zone.
* At 7:43 p.m. Sunday, Justin Burnham, 27 Greencastle, was cited by Officer Kyle Lee at Woodhaven Drive and South Street for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
* At 4:20 a.m. Sept. 19, Joseph Rosetti, 22, Greencastle, was cited on Wood Street by Sgt. Charles Inman for operating a vehicle without financial responsibility and possession of paraphernalia.
* At 12:45 a.m. Sept. 18, Kalyn Jordon, 22, Greencastle, was ticketed by Sgt. Inman on Percy Julian Drive for having an expired license plate (June 21).
* At 7:30 p.m. Sept. 15, Laurie Walker, 44, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Lee for an infraction of driving with a suspended license at 10th Street and Indianapolis Road.
* At 1:58 a.m. Sept. 14, Shakeei Ross, 23, Terre Haute, was ticketed for speeding by Reserve Officer Billy Wallace.
Stopped on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street, Ross was cited for 50 mph in a 30-mph zone.
* At 4:19 a.m. Sept. 13, Rachel Arthur, 25, Indianapolis, was ticketed for speeding by Officer Eastham.
Stopped on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street, Arthur was cited for 50 mph in a 30-mph zone.
* At 4:10 a.m. Sept. 13, Patricia Potts, 50, Greencastle, was stopped at Indianapolis and Round Barn roads and cited by Officer Matt Huffman for having an expired license plate (September 2013).
* At 9 p.m. Sept. 12, Shannon Ganter, 39, Cloverdale, was cited by Officer Huffman at Bloomington and Maple streets for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
* At 8:54 p.m. Sept. 12, Tina Noe, 41, Poland, was cited by Officer Eastham on Bloomington Street for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
One recent accident was investigated by Putnam County Sheriff's Department deputies.
* At 10:29 a.m. Saturday, Sierra B. Mills, 21, Indianapolis, was driving on U.S. 231 near Water Street in Cloverdale in a 2004 Chevrolet Impala.
Mills told Deputy Adam Hull she did not see Albert F. Lundy, 82, Brazil, turning until it was too late to avoid hitting his 2008 Chrysler Town and Country van in the rear.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to two lift assists and numerous dispatches recently.
* At 9:44 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21, GFD performed an elevator rescue at 330 Greenwood Ave. No injuries were reported.
* At 7:17 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22, GFD responded to a fire alarm due to cooking at 107 W. Hanna St.
* At 7:43 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22, GFD was called to an odor investigation at Greencastle High School. The odor was caused by painting from roof construction.
* At 8:26 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22, GFD was dispatched to 107 W. Hanna St. for a fire alarm due to cooking.
* At 8:37 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22, GFD responded to a fire alarm due to cooking at 304 S. Indiana St.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.