Scanner for Oct. 4
Four people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 11 a.m. on Thursday, Michelle Marie McFerron, 20, Bainbridge, was arrested for trespassing, reckless driving and resisting law enforcement.
At 5:05 p.m., Joshua Allen Rady, 28, Reelsville, was charged with a probation violation.
At 10:30 p.m., Ashley Nicole Osborne, 33, Greencastle, was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct.
* At 12:35 a.m. on Friday, Tyler Patrick Kuras, 24, Russellville, was arrested for battery, criminal mischief and possession of paraphernalia.
* At 1:15 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 27, Clarence E. Dodd, 29, Fillmore, was southbound on County Road 300 North approaching a 90 degree curve near County Road 675 East. Meanwhile, Zachery W. Bell, 31, Coatesville, was eastbound on County Road 300 North approaching the same curve in the roadway.
Dodd advised Sgt. Craig Sibbitt that due to the blind curve in the roadway, that he assumed that Bell did not see him on his 2012 Tao Tao CY50A. He further advised that he was not sure what happened and that he laid his moped down in the roadway following Bell crossing left of center as he was trying to negotiate the curve in the roadway.
However, Bell advised that while negotiating the curve in the roadway, that Dodd lost control of his moped and slid on the asphalt under his rear left tire of his 20012 GM pickup truck.
Sibbitt observed skid marks from the moped, from the north side of the roadway near the ditch and also observed a fuel spill near the center of the roadway where the moped came to rest.
It was noted Bell's vehicle was moved prior to Sibbitt's arrival and the moped was moved by Floyd Fire personnel while Sibbitt was on location tending to the Dodd, before he could do a proper investigation.
A witness advised that she could not see the crash at the time of impact due to a tree in her yard, but noted that Bell had been left of center prior to impact.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to three medical runs, two lift assists and a multitude of dispatches recently.
* At 11:49 p.m. Friday, Sept. 26, GFD was called to a smoke scare on South Locust Street. Upon arrival, GFD found the smoke to have come from an approved recreational burn nearby.
* At 12:53 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, GFD responded to an illegal burn at 511 E. Sycamore St. Due to size and materials of fire GFD extinguished the recreational burn.
* At 12:55 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, GFD was dispatched to 1110 S. College Ave. for a CO2 sensor activation. After monitoring the air, the sensor was determined to be malfunctioning.
* At 12:15 a.m. and 1:03 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 28, GFD was called twice to 916 S. College Ave. for a fire alarm in which residents were evacuated. Upon inspection during the second visit, an automatic fragrant sprayer was found to be spraying into and triggering the alarm.
* At 5:51 a.m. Monday, Sept. 29, GFD was dispatched to 913 E. Washington St. for a tree that had taken down a power line. Upon arrival GFD notified Duke Energy and secured the scene until the power company arrived to restore power.
* At 7:15 pm. Monday, Sept. 29, GFD was called to 904 S. College Ave. for a fire alarm, though no fire was present and a cause for the alarm could not be determined.
* At 11:00 p.m. Monday, Sept. 29, GFD was dispatched to 333 S. 10th St. for a fire alarm. Upon arrival, no fire was found.
* At 11:47 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 30, GFD was called to a motor vehicle accident at 1157 Indianapolis Rd. to perform cleanup. Only minor injuries were reported from the incident.
* At 1:25 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 30, GFD performed a HAZMAT investigation at the addresses from 18 to 22 E. Washington St. due to an odor called in from Dr. Wainman's Dentist office but upon further investigation, GFD found nothing of danger in the area.
* At 12:04 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 1, GFD was called to 106 S. Spring St. for a fire alarm due to cooking.
* At 12:52 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 1, GFD was dispatched to 303 S. Locust St. for a fire alarm. No fire was found and the cause of the alarm was unknown.
* At 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 1, GFD was sent to 1014 Indianapolis Rd. to perform general cleanup from a motor vehicle accident.
* At 5:26 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 1, GFD was called to 2235 Rangeline Rd. to extinguish an engine fire of an antique John Deere tractor.
* At 7:46 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 1, GFD was dispatched to 409 S. Jackson St. for a fire alarm that was triggered by hair care products.
* At 11:33 a.m. Friday, Oct. 3, GFD was dispatched to 414 S. Indiana St. for a fire alarm that had been triggered by smoking.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.