Scanner for Dec. 5
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Stacey Larae Northington, 25, Greencastle, was charged with criminal confinement of an adult, intimidation and resisting law enforcement.
* At 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Jonas Anthony Vance, 44, Greencastle, was arrested for violation of home detention and nonsupport of a dependent.
At 11:10 a.m., Charles William Maybaum, 28, was charged with failure to appear.
At 1 p.m., Jeremy L. Whitaker, 29, Indianapolis, was arrested for intimidation.
* At 6:01 a.m. on Tuesday, Mahmoud Benlarbi, 56, Indianapolis, was traveling westbound on Interstate 70 near the 34-mile marker when he jackknifed his 2014 Freightliner Cascade.
Benlarbi advised Deputy Kyle Gibbons that while traveling westbound on I-70 his vehicle lost traction with the roadway due to the icy conditions, which caused him to temporarily lose control. In attempt to regain control of the Freightliner, Benlarbi caused it to jackknife and run off the roadway.
The Freightliner semi-tractor suffered extensive damage to the cab, driver's side door, rear window and rear left structural area as a result of impact with the Great Dane trailer. However, the trailer itself only suffered minor damage to the left front and side.
Deputy Kyle Gibbons noted that the semi-tractor and the Great Dane trailer completely blocked westbound traffic as a result of the accident and was stopped two hours before INDOT reopened the roadway.
Damage was estimated at $10,001-$25,000.
* At 5:50 a.m. on Wednesday, Robert L. Criswell, 46, Rockville, was traveling eastbound on U.S. 36.
Criswell advised Chief Deputy Tom Helmer that as he drove over Big Walnut Creek Bridge, he lost control of his 2007 Dodge Ram due to the ice-covered road surface.
In an attempt to regain control, Criswell spun around 180 degrees, slid across the westbound lane and onto the northbound shoulder of roadway. He then continued sliding before he impacted a guardrail with the vehicle's right rear.
For safety reasons, Criswell drove his vehicle to the Casey's General Store in Bainbridge to report the crash.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
At 7:25 a.m., William Rayborn III., 43, Rockville, was traveling eastbound on U.S. 36.
Rayborn advised Helmer that his 2004 GM Sierra lost traction as it traveled on Big Walnut Creek Bridge, which caused the vehicle to spin, travel off of the travel portion of the roadway nad impact a concrtete wall barrier.
The vehicle spun around approximately 180-degrees on the bridge roadway/shoulder and impacted the barrier with its left-rear before coming to rest facing the northwest.
Rayborn reported no injuries except abrasions from the airbag deployment.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department has performed four lift assists and responded to one dispatch recently.
* At 11:58 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 4, GFD was called to 109 W. Hanna St. that had been triggered due to cooking.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.